• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Humans are designed to eat?

I think we should eat Yodels and Ben and Jerry New York Super Chunk Fudge.....When in season....Wash down with Beer and repeat.....

jesus. Lol, Im not trying to push my thoughts down your throat. You have all owned me several times already in this thread. Im sorry I used the words design and made when I meant adapted.
I do believe that excessive meat and dairy consumption is bad for you.. so go ahead and scorn me for that

Let me rephrase the question

What do you think the healthiest way to eat is? What foods? Is there even an optimal way of eating as far as food choice?

I am still in the process of researching myself and at this point I have been thinking that a seasonal, instinctive, diet is best. Eating what grows from the earth. I ranted about my beliefs as to this point. Do we even need to look to the past to tell us what to eat? Do our ancient ancestors diets have anything to do with today?

Last edited:
what is your point with this? i dont completely agree with frutarian but I think it would be way healthier than alot of the ways people eat today.

Did you even read the thread or just the title? After the fruitarian crap was out of the way there was page after page of tearing apart the china study.

It's not healthier, children have died because of fruitarian/vegan diets.

I do believe that excessive meat and dairy consumption is bad for you.. so go ahead and scorn me for that

Let me rephrase the question

What do you think the healthiest way to eat is? What foods? Is there even an optimal way of eating as far as food choice?

I am still in the process of researching myself and at this point I have been thinking that a seasonal, instinctive, diet is best. Eating what grows from the earth. I ranted about my beliefs as to this point. Do we even need to look to the past to tell us what to eat? Do our ancient ancestors diets have anything to do with today?

I will scorn you for that. You are wrong, and have been proved wrong, yet hold to your beliefs. You are attempting to find statistics and studies to use as a crutch, rather than seeing them and using them as illumination that you may have been misguided.

As for healthiest way of eating- Keep a caloric intake correct for the amount you burn and in regard to weight gain/loss goals. Eat enough protein to allow your body to build muscle when in a surplus and hold onto current lean mass when losing fat. The best sources for this are in fact meat, and dairy for the 90% of the western population without a lactose intolerance. With the rest of the calories find a ratio of fat to carbs that personally has you feeling and performing the best. Each person is vastly different here but I would recommend starting at 30% and playing with it from there if you must. Be sure to get the "good" fats like olive oil and nuts, but there is nothing wrong from saturated fat naturally found in red meat, egg yolks, and dairy so long as that isn't literally the only place you're getting fat from. And of course if fattier cuts of meat don't cause you to go over your calorie target.

Be sure to get plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in there (if you haven't decided no-carbing it is for you) and as rule of thumb avoid anything that comes in a wrapper or box. Easy rule to follow to eat clean. Things that grow out of the ground is how TS said it a moment ago and that's a fine way.

Above all else, don't stress out about it. What the hell is the point of living to 110 if you avoid/are a nervous wreck at every social gathering where there's food around?

Happy TS? No, we don't need to look to our ancestors as a guide for what to eat. They ate whatever the hell was available and didn't make them sick. We have the luxury of getting to pick our foods. Definitely eat meat, and thinking there's some kind of metabolic advantage to eating in season is bollocks. There are gains from eating in season fruits and veggies, but they are that they are A) cheaper B) better tasting C) possibly slightly higher in micronutrients. But freezing them the way they do preserves everything just as well as eating it a day or 2 after it was picked. Studies have shown frozen produce has more nutrients in it than the stuff on the shelves in grocery stores as it's normally 5 days by truck to get there. Farmer's market is nice mainly for that glorious taste, but there isn't a huge difference between farmers market fresh and frozen.

And reiterating, excess meat is only bad for you if it's causing you to either go over the amount of energy you burn in your body or by taking the place in your diet of the needed amounts of vegetables and unsaturated fats. I believe someone here posted some studies that .82 g/lb body mass is about the most protein your body can absorb therefore going much over that amount (by meat I guess) becomes detrimental as that energy would do the body better coming from more veggies, fats, or carbohydrates.

My 2 cents to all this

I am still in the process of researching myself and at this point I have been thinking that a seasonal, instinctive, diet is best. Eating what grows from the earth.

What research led you to this conclusion?

I will scorn you for that. You are wrong, and have been proved wrong, yet hold to your beliefs. You are attempting to find statistics and studies to use as a crutch, rather than seeing them and using them as illumination that you may have been misguided.

As for healthiest way of eating- Keep a caloric intake correct for the amount you burn and in regard to weight gain/loss goals. Eat enough protein to allow your body to build muscle when in a surplus and hold onto current lean mass when losing fat. The best sources for this are in fact meat, and dairy for the 90% of the western population without a lactose intolerance. With the rest of the calories find a ratio of fat to carbs that personally has you feeling and performing the best. Each person is vastly different here but I would recommend starting at 30% and playing with it from there if you must. Be sure to get the "good" fats like olive oil and nuts, but there is nothing wrong from saturated fat naturally found in red meat, egg yolks, and dairy so long as that isn't literally the only place you're getting fat from. And of course if fattier cuts of meat don't cause you to go over your calorie target.

Be sure to get plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in there (if you haven't decided no-carbing it is for you) and as rule of thumb avoid anything that comes in a wrapper or box. Easy rule to follow to eat clean. Things that grow out of the ground is how TS said it a moment ago and that's a fine way.

Above all else, don't stress out about it. What the hell is the point of living to 110 if you avoid/are a nervous wreck at every social gathering where there's food around?

Happy TS? No, we don't need to look to our ancestors as a guide for what to eat. They ate whatever the hell was available and didn't make them sick. We have the luxury of getting to pick our foods. Definitely eat meat, and thinking there's some kind of metabolic advantage to eating in season is bollocks. There are gains from eating in season fruits and veggies, but they are that they are A) cheaper B) better tasting C) possibly slightly higher in micronutrients. But freezing them the way they do preserves everything just as well as eating it a day or 2 after it was picked. Studies have shown frozen produce has more nutrients in it than the stuff on the shelves in grocery stores as it's normally 5 days by truck to get there. Farmer's market is nice mainly for that glorious taste, but there isn't a huge difference between farmers market fresh and frozen.

And reiterating, excess meat is only bad for you if it's causing you to either go over the amount of energy you burn in your body or by taking the place in your diet of the needed amounts of vegetables and unsaturated fats. I believe someone here posted some studies that .82 g/lb body mass is about the most protein your body can absorb therefore going much over that amount (by meat I guess) becomes detrimental as that energy would do the body better coming from more veggies, fats, or carbohydrates.

My 2 cents to all this

You made some good points for sure. Do any other mammals consume another mammals milk consistently? It just doesn't seem natural.
Of course you're going to come back with the fact that we are the only animal smart enough to do that.. but it just doesn't seem natural to me to consume somethings milk that isn't human. why are our teeth not like that of a meat eaters?

I'm not saying I'M RIGHT. I am just stating some things I have been thinking about. Keep saying things that make sense and maybe it will help me more.
google the links between meat, dairy and cancer and tell me while they are all wrong because I just don't know anymore.

is this your proof?

"And reiterating, excess meat is only bad for you if it's causing you to either go over the amount of energy you burn in your body or by taking the place in your diet of the needed amounts of vegetables and unsaturated fats. I believe someone here posted some studies that .82 g/lb body mass is about the most protein your body can absorb therefore going much over that amount (by meat I guess) becomes detrimental as that energy would do the body better coming from more veggies, fats, or carbohydrates."

Last edited:
You made some good points for sure. Do any other mammals consume another mammals milk consistently? It just doesn't seem natural.
Of course you're going to come back with the fact that we are the only animal smart enough to do that.. but it just doesn't seem natural to me to consume somethings milk that isn't human. why are our teeth not like that of a meat eaters?

I'm not saying I'M RIGHT. I am just stating some things I have been thinking about. Keep saying things that make sense and maybe it will help me more.
google the links between meat, dairy and cancer and tell me while they are all wrong because I just don't know anymore.

is this your proof?

"And reiterating, excess meat is only bad for you if it's causing you to either go over the amount of energy you burn in your body or by taking the place in your diet of the needed amounts of vegetables and unsaturated fats. I believe someone here posted some studies that .82 g/lb body mass is about the most protein your body can absorb therefore going much over that amount (by meat I guess) becomes detrimental as that energy would do the body better coming from more veggies, fats, or carbohydrates."

If you are going to come here and make ridiculous claims then you should be providing the studies to back up your claim.

If you are going to come here and make ridiculous claims then you should be providing the studies to back up your claim.

I cant make any points that are going to resonate. Everything Is from books and articles I have read and most likely debatable by other books and articles. I guess it just seems natural to eat what grows from the earth naturally. I do not necessarily believe in any specific god or religion so I am not trying to be religious or anything here.

also Is it not true that you can get protein from nuts, seeds, some grains, some vegetables, etc..?

Last edited:
Do any other mammals consume another mammals milk consistently? It just doesn't seem natural.

Well, I'm pretty sure they would if they could. For some reason, though, I can't picture a lion milking a zebra but I'm sure they would drink the milk if you fed it to them : D

Hint: Give milk to your cat.

This argument is, in my opinion, such a poor one but it get's thrown around so frequently. We are the only species to have evolved/progressed so far as to domesticate another animal for our use. I don't see any other animal having the capability to milk another animal. Also, we are the only animal to cook our food. Not only meat, but also veggies. Does that mean you should eat only raw potatoes and stop sauteing spinach? Meat is a moot point for you so I'll not go there.

Got me there haha. As for the teeth I'll make the obvious argument that they work just fine for ripping at meat that's been roasted over a fire for a bit when we can pull at them with our wonderful hands especially.

is this your proof?

For studies, I would just heed caution in that correlation does not mean causation. So many of those studies are set up to point out exhibit X was the cause, while there is an underlying motion that is far more important and exhibit x is just a by product of that. I read a college study showing how the heart needed to work harder when 12 males where fed beef for lunch and dinner everyday for a week, and by that conclusion they stated red meat was bad for the health. Then some details came out and that the beef they were fed was the 75% chuck (fattiest there is) and cooked on the stovetop by the folks in vegetable oil so it wouldn't stick and commonly served as burgers on buns or tacos in tortillas and likewis. So is the cause red meat, excess fat, vegetable oil, wheat, any simple carb? Or possibly even a factor not even realized. Did they miss workouts to show up to this place for the study every lunch and dinner? Did they think of them being scientifically studying for diet and make sure not to snack on absolutely anything and drop calories to low?

As for the last part with mine, I guess it's more opinion based on fact. You asked for our thoughts and advice, that is my best advice I can give. I apologize in that reading it again it was typed as a blatant fact and that is my error. It's finals week here and my post got way, way too long than what I intended when starting out.

Well, I'm pretty sure they would if they could. For some reason, though, I can't picture a lion milking a zebra but I'm sure they would drink the milk if you fed it to them : D

Hint: Give milk to your cat.

cats get sick when they are given cows milk. at least pasteurized milk.

i wonder how they would tolerate raw cows milk

how can you debunk this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/shattering-the-meat-myth_b_214390.html

and

Meat-eaters: have claws
Herbivores: no claws
Humans: no claws

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
Herbivores: perspire through skin pores
Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits
Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

and one of the best articles I have ever read

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

Last edited:
The red-billed oxpecker has been photographed drinking milk straight from the source:

img46041wt.jpg

and at least one species of feral cat is known to steal milk from elephant seals: http://www.academia.edu/890943/Feral_cats_steal_milk_from_northern_elephant_seals.

The diet we evolved with won't necessarily be the most healthy. We ate whatever we could find.

Today, we have choices. You should make the most of them and research whatever you eat.
This. Why eat primitively in 2013?

THE MOST INFORMATIVE ARTICLE I HAVE EVER READ

read it please!

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

Unfortunately it's late here and I'm on my phone so I don't have time to pick it apart as much as I would like too. I apologize if my response is poorly structured.

He states that humans haven't always eaten meat and it's not necessary. If that's the case then explain this: http://naturalhygienesociety.org/diet-veganbaby.html

Especially when he makes it seem like humans would be better off not eating meat.

CBut on the other hand, people can certainly live well beyond their reproductive years on a mixed animal-plant diet, which is mostly what evolution cares about."

Whereas the opposite is true. All evidence points to us being unlikely to make it to a reproductive age on a plant only diet. Past that point when our brain is developed we have an amazing ability to survive on a range of diets.

To take that development point further I bring you this: http://m.jn.nutrition.org/content/133/11/3932S.long

"identified six micronutrients that were particularly low in the primarily vegetarian diets of schoolchildren in rural Egypt, Kenya and Mexico: vitamin A, vitamin B-12, riboflavin, calcium, iron and zinc. Negative health outcomes associated with inadequate intake of these nutrients include anemia, poor growth, rickets, impaired cognitive performance, blindness, neuromuscular deficits and eventually, death. Animal source foods are particularly rich sources of all six of these nutrients, and relatively small amounts of these foods, added to a vegetarian diet, can substantially increase nutrient adequacy. Snacks designed for Kenyan schoolchildren provided more nutrients when animal and plant foods were combined. A snack that provided only 20% of a child's energy requirement could provide 38% of the calcium, 83% of the vitamin B-12 and 82% of the riboflavin requirements if milk was included. A similar snack that included ground beef rather than milk provided 86% of the zinc and 106% of the vitamin B-12 requirements, as well as 26% of the iron requirement."

Parents who force their infants to be vegan have to supplement the fuck out of their diets to have a chance of them developing normally. Even with the supplements it has been shown that vegan kids are shorter and lighter than average. (Not by much) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2771551/

I especially enjoyed this point he made:
"The medical evidence is overwhelming:*The more animal foods we eat, the more heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other degenerative disease we suffer. This has been exhaustively demonstrated beyond any doubt."

Wow! Beyond any doubt? That's amazing! Too bad he is blowing smoke up your ass.

Diabetes: Dumbass read a study saying processed meats can cause an increased risk of diabetes and just assumed all meat does. WRONG!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2885952/

Cancer: Once again processed meat is a major culprit and charred meat to some degree. Red meat contributes but I have yet to see a study linking uncharred chicken or fish to cancer.
http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2007/11/12/how-does-red-meat-increase-bowel-cancer-risk/

Heart disease: same shit.
http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...ine-in-red-meat-to-heart-disease-201304176083

In conclusion, I've wasted enough of my night on that fucktarded "paper" and I'm going to bed, then waking up in the morning and eating meat.

Back