• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Volkov getting his hair combed between rounds

In the post-fight he said he hired a stylist, and something like, they're good at their job and work very hard. Seeing him being combed while his coach gives him technical boxing advice made me laugh so hard.
Alex has a good sense of humor, he is a genuine good and laid back funny guy.

Alex has a good sense of humor, he is a genuine good and laid back funny guy.

From a outsider's perspective: it looked like Volkov's demeanor got into Pavlovich's head. Also even if Pavlovich has the longer reach/wingspan, kicks negate that and also the height difference of Pavlovich having to punch up. And Volkov's power is the kind of easy power that comes so easily it doesn't even look like he is that powerful...until you get hit by him. real natural, big man power that keeps other power punches from just rushing him without consequence. most underrated power in the division. and he has a chin too

he was never a "gatekeeper". his loss to Lewis not only set him back, but the entire heavyweight division for years.

I gotta say I never cared about Volkov, but this fight won me over lmao. The whole prefight build was him making sad comments about getting beat up in training, and not being able to turn the fight down or he'd get cut. Then? Then this mfer comes out with a stylist in his corner and just wins a workmanlike decision while maintaining his fresh cut. I... I just can't be mad at this man

<36>

Volkov is pretty sarcastic. During the whole build up he kept on saying stuff like oh I can't remember sparring with him because I would get knocked out. I would avoid him during sparring sessions. We are close friends etc etc.

One of those post fight interviews Volkov said something like what happened in the fight is the usual result of our sparring.

Back