• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How hard will you laugh when Jones gets KO'd stiff by Ngannou?

Wdefense

Effectiveness trumps all.
Banned
Reaction score
He'll never accept the fight sober but on the off chance that he's high enough to sign the contract, we all know what the result of this fight will be.

It will be a truly monumental day in MMA history, when the most hated fighter of all time finally gets served divine justice.

My eyes would literally be filled with tears, rejoicing in the unthinkable glory of something that I've wanted to see happen for years, finally becoming a reality.

I won't because the fight won't happen.

Not quite as hard as I laughed when this happened:

y0C4ZHr.gif

He would probably pull guard and win on the ground. Jon Jones doesn't take chances. Him not willing to fight DC at heavyweight proves that theory.

Wouldn't laugh, I'd respect the balls it takes to fight Ngannou.

He would probably pull guard and win on the ground. Jon Jones doesn't take chances. Him not willing to fight DC at heavyweight proves that theory.

Yes because nothing makes a slow heavy guy more dangerous than being even heavier and slower

I'll say that it should've been Rumble's KO but I'll take it.

Everyone has to lose eventually, even GOAT. Fedor. Aldo. MM. Cruz. AS. The only reason GSP didn't lose is because when he felt either his skills slipping or the competition begin to catch up to him he decided to pack up his bags and call it a career.

Jon losing will just prove he's human.

Respect for Jones for calling out a bigger man in his prime. I could never expect that attitude from GSP, for instance. We need to show appreciation for real risk takers in MMA

Can you knock a person out who is high on cocaine?

Would seem rather petty if it took him moving up to fight one of the biggest HW there is for it to happen.
If Izzy moved up and KO'd him that would be a different story.

Not at all.

It was Jones that inspired me to watch more MMA back around the time he fought Rua. He was spectacular.

For someone who has lit up MMA throughout the years, and considered by many to be GOAT level then how can it be funny? Nah I'd be sad.

Wouldn't laugh, I'd respect the balls it takes to fight Ngannou.

This pretty much sums it up.

If Jones steps into the octagon to fight Francis, I'll give him all the props in the world. I mean, everyone that sets foot in a cage/ring to fight already has my respect for doing so, but that would take some giant gonads. Let's see if he does it.

That being said, I think he gets badly KO'd in this fight assuming it happens. Looking at what Reyes did to him, if Francis hits him, he's done,

odds are better any of sherdog gets in a fight with ngannou before jones

<This7>
I won't because the fight won't happen.
<PlusJuan>

Jones has always displayed consciously risk adverse behavior in the cage... Sonnen fight on short notice (his disregard for common sens is always outside of fighting.LoL) he won’t entertain stepping up to fight any of the big hitters at HW, until maybe after he handed his first L at 205. Even then I’d see him testing the waters with someone like an Olynik or Latifi type fighter.
<Fedor23>

War Machine and Joe Son are more hated than Jones. Well, they fucking should be anyway....

If anyone has the skillset and fight IQ to neutralize big Frank, other than Stipe, it's Jones. You can hate him all you want, but you can't deny his fighting ability.

Don't believe it would be a good choice for Jon but I'd watch.

Was thinking his frame is a bit small for the larger HW guys (specially them legs) but folks here got me reconsidering. His assets are many and he is pretty much always dangerous but not sure if he could weather the storm.

Prolly best if he tests the waters Anderson style then go from there. Not that I'm convinced he is serious this time either. He has been casting that hook out for years.

Jones ate a full power uppercut from DC

Jones would be Ngannous first opponent with a granite chin.

Back