• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How hard will you laugh when Jones gets KO'd stiff by Ngannou?

Respect for Jones for calling out a bigger man in his prime. I could never expect that attitude from GSP, for instance. We need to show appreciation for real risk takers in MMA
Zero risk taken so far
just a drunk tweet ;)

This fight would do big numbers, but he'll probably out-price himself... I'd imagine he'd want $20M+ to do the fight... I think that makes sense, but at the same time, he's a decent draw at LHW still & the risk-reward may/may not be there for UFC.

Why I think it might be, is if they feel Francis is the future & can bring HW's back to the forefront of the attention sphere, they could create a star out of Francis.

All in all, I think the fans want to see it, but the fighters have much less control now with the current PPV setup as the revenue is now more on sign-ups & residual income. That said, every large fight pushes the needle for memberships which is why guys like Conor can command such a high purse. The power will continue to dwindle from the fighters as memberships go up & the UFC will be placing fights solely based on what's best for the business without fighters having control of their purse as revenues are much more consistent.

From a business perspective, this is great, from a fighters perspective, it could be good so-long as the salaries continue to increase at a strong rate (faster than other sports organizations) to catch-up to other organizations. It would be nice to see fighters get minimum contracts of 6 figures a year for entry like a rookie in MLB, NHL, NBA, etc.

The average UFC fighter only lasts 3.3 fights at this time. I believe this could increase over-time, but that's just over 1 year & far less than any other sports organization. With the lack of funds in "minor" organizations, it would be great to see fighters be able to secure a gauranteed 6-figure salary/contract for the first 3 bouts win or lose. You can't guarantee contracts as some people just shouldn't be there, injuries, drug tests, etc. but it would be nice for them to allow fighters to fight out their first 3-fight contract. You don't cut a rookie cause his first game was terrible, and even second. They need to get comfortable.

I also feel the win/loss bonuses should discontinue. It's ok to offer bonuses, but I don't think this helps the bouts at this point. In the past when the sport was less polished & you had part-time fighters in the cage, this made sense. Now, it just shows desperation & is sad with poor decisions being given out at times to certain fighters. If there's a bonus, it should not be more than 10-15%. If the fighters on the lower spectrum get paid adequately, then what they're fighting for is to have a longer career in the UFC for better pay. Not desperation to pay rent. $15,000 for a 3-4 month training camp with management, supplements, sparring partners, gym fees, etc. is sad & it's these guys who get it the worst. The highest paid fighters and champs tend to have more fixed pricing.

Last edited:
He'll never accept the fight sober but on the off chance that he's high enough to sign the contract, we all know what the result of this fight will be.

It will be a truly monumental day in MMA history, when the most hated fighter of all time finally gets served divine justice.

My eyes would literally be filled with tears, rejoicing in the unthinkable glory of something that I've wanted to see happen for years, finally becoming a reality.
So exactly how long have you been in love with Jon Jones? Thats right, you love him....man love!

I'll say that it should've been Rumble's KO but I'll take it.

Everyone has to lose eventually, even GOAT. Fedor. Aldo. MM. Cruz. AS. The only reason GSP didn't lose is because when he felt either his skills slipping or the competition begin to catch up to him he decided to pack up his bags and call it a career.

Jon losing will just prove he's human.
Matt-Serra-vs-GSP-Knockout-GIF-TKO.gif

He'll never accept the fight sober but on the off chance that he's high enough to sign the contract, we all know what the result of this fight will be.

It will be a truly monumental day in MMA history, when the most hated fighter of all time finally gets served divine justice.

My eyes would literally be filled with tears, rejoicing in the unthinkable glory of something that I've wanted to see happen for years, finally becoming a reality.
If Ngannou wins :
told you.gif

What would u feel if Hw jones jones bullied francis take him to the ground and elbow his face?

jones will never fight nganou. i have a better chance of getting a girlfriend than this fight happening

As hard as I laugh when someone tries to convince me Bruce Lee was a real fighter, not an actor. And that he'd mop the floor with today's UFC fighters.

That's how hard I'll laugh.

If he gets KO'd the ref needs to let Ngannou have a few extra punches for the pregnant lady with the broken arm.

I don't know if it will be that funny, just one of those holy shit moments

If Jones fights Ngannou, he's going to sleep. But I think Johnny Boy is all talk. He knows he doesn't want to fight Ngannou.

Everything that makes Jones perfect for 205 goes out the window -- Ngannou is heavier, stronger, and has an 83 inch reach. Jon would be at a physical disadvantage for the first time in his career. I highly doubt he'd handle that very well.

I can't ever see it happening, but Yeah I imagine if it were to happen Sherdog would have an absolute field day.

I'll say that it should've been Rumble's KO but I'll take it.

Everyone has to lose eventually, even GOAT. Fedor. Aldo. MM. Cruz. AS. The only reason GSP didn't lose is because when he felt either his skills slipping or the competition begin to catch up to him he decided to pack up his bags and call it a career.

Jon losing will just prove he's human.

And this is the reason why I ask myself why Rumble even retired. He had a better shot of beating Jones than DC style wise. Would have loved to see that fight.

Saying "we all know what the result of this fight will be" is wishful thinking, at best, if not ridiculously naive...but I will indeed do a little happy dance if Francis gives Jones the Overeem treatment :)

Even the aftermath of Conor's tapping moments will pale in comparison to the reaction from the MMA world, both fighters and fans, if Jones get laid out by anyone.

Respect for Jones for calling out a bigger man in his prime. I could never expect that attitude from GSP, for instance. We need to show appreciation for real risk takers in MMA
jon, you fucking punk! Get off of Sherdog!

You push your bullshit on here under so many fake accounts that it is ridiculous. You haven't called anyone out, you haven't signed any fight, you run your mouth and then run from real competition. Maybe Sherdog has forgotten but I haven't, you ducked Rumble amd the spin was that they stripped you because of your run in with a pregnant lady but we ALL KNOW that wasn't it. You refused to fight Rumble and they stripped you. This myth that you've only lost your belt to USADA is bullshit. You lost your title because you chickened out of a fight.

Please, exit the forum and go smoke it up with some homeless guys or something.

@DivineMind @allofyourotherfakeaccounts

He’ll crash a Lamborghini into a strip club and the fight will get called off?

Back