How Good was Mickey Gall?

below average. He has okay grappling skills, but exceeds nowhere else. Only has name value because CM Punk and Sage Northcutt. Got pushed too fast and I think it really hurt his career. He never got the opportunity to refine his skills on the regional circuit and improve as a fighter. Thrown to the wolves immediately after the CM Punk fight

getting manhandled by a really past his prime and borderline mental Diego Sanchez was really a bad look

Gall was piecing up Perry and turned him into a panic wrestler.

Gall was signed to the UFC with 1 professional fight. Think about how ridiculous that is.

They needed someone with virtually no experience so they could book the pro wrestling idiot.

The UFC isn't a place where you can be learning on the job. He should not have been signed and he should have gotten experience on the regional circuit.

His first "real" fight in the UFC was against Randy Brown who was 9-2 with 5 fights in the UFC. He's been up against lopsided experience the entire time. He was a fine prospect and just got thrown to the wolves. If he showed up with 8 pro fights and that experience and confidence under his belt, it would be a much more fair assessment.

Gall was signed to the UFC with 1 professional fight. Think about how ridiculous that is.

They needed someone with virtually no experience so they could book the pro wrestling idiot.

The UFC isn't a place where you can be learning on the job. He should not have been signed and he should have gotten experience on the regional circuit.

His first "real" fight in the UFC was against Randy Brown who was 9-2 with 5 fights in the UFC. He's been up against lopsided experience the entire time. He was a fine prospect and just got thrown to the wolves. If he showed up with 8 pro fights and that experience and confidence under his belt, it would be a much more fair assessment.
I know lol, look at a guy like Jiri who declined a UFC contract after quite a bit of Pro experience because he still felt like he wasn't ready

Good ground game with not bad striking but he didnt have a natural feel for striking and it showed. Plus the Diego loss had to make you question his mental fortitude
I think he has a false sense in his BJJ ability. Sorta like Holland. Thinks he can accept takedowns but the reality is they aren't as good off their back as they think they are.

DWCS super prospect Williams lasted about half minute more than CM Punk did.

This means Punk is the GOAT

giphy.gif

It’s remarkable how he’s managed to stay in the UFC all these years and only got in by beating tomato cans like CM Punk and that photographer and that karate nerd. How has he not been released for being mediocre is a mystery because he’s clearly not UFC level.
Someone legit like Mousasi and many others had shorter UFC runs.

Mickey Gall's best win, CM Punk went toe to toe with someone under the influence of POT (Mike Jackson). I've heard smoking just 1 marijuana can give you the performance enhancing abilities to KILL inside that cage.

For Gall to beat him cleanly obviously puts him in top 5 GOAT discussions.
Even half a Marijuana makes a man lethal. That's why Nick Diaz was banned from physically touching another breathing life form. Luckily covid was created by a janitor at Microsoft sex dungeon and the vaccine rearranged Nick Diaz DNA as though no Marijuana ever poisoned him. That's the only reason he can fight now.

goddamn he won??? they gave him a 9 and 5 tomato can who's never won in the ufc. wow. we'll never see the end of this guy. why are they protecting him?

goddamn he won??? they gave him a 9 and 5 tomato can who's never won in the ufc. wow. we'll never see the end of this guy. why are they protecting him?
I'm not sure they're actually protecting him. He just may be good enough to beat a lot of guys who aren't very good themselves.

Back