• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How good was Dariusz Michalczewski?

TTT. This guy just doesn't get mentioned enough on the SD, which is a shame cuz he deserves it.

Michalzewski was damn good. Watching some old fights/clips, the man threw some very tight hooks and uppercuts in close, timed them excellently. crazy fast jab too.

all-pole showdown, Michalzewski vs Adamek at LHW, who you got?

Dariusz would whoop him bad. Adamek had a great set of whiskers so he might not get TKO'd but Michalczewski beats him from bell to bell. It's really too bad he didn't leave Germany to fight, so US fans usually don't know who he was. He deserved the spotlight at LHW just as much as RJJ, even if Roy would've schooled him if that fight had ever happened (and man do I wish it had).

Dariusz would whoop him bad. Adamek had a great set of whiskers so he might not get TKO'd but Michalczewski beats him from bell to bell. It's really too bad he didn't leave Germany to fight, so US fans usually don't know who he was. He deserved the spotlight at LHW just as much as RJJ, even if Roy would've schooled him if that fight had ever happened (and man do I wish it had).

yeah, I give it to dariusz too.

I think an RJJ/Tiger fight would be more competitive than people like to think. Dariusz timed his hooks really well, and his high guard would be hard to get past by RJJ unless he went to the body and I could see Tiger catching RJJ with something if he came in. If he kept RJJ at range and pumped his jab to disrupt RJJ he could make this a tough decision.

Adamek never really showed a whole lot at LHW and when he fought a good LHW, he was more or less schooled (and Dawson isn't that good to begin with). He had reasonable success at CW and then middling success at HW so that needs to be taken into account a bit, but going off of their respective LHW careers, Michalzewski was clearly a better LHW.

Dariusz was a good fighter, very good. But prime RJJ was an all time great. People claimed RJJ ducked him, I'd say he wanted to dictate where it was held etc...who can blame him after Seoul. RJJ would have beat him in a wide decision 118-110 IMO...maybe even stopped him late.

Back