How good is Johnny Walker?

I think he is good, very aggressive and lets go!, but I still need to see more, I want to see how he is if the fight is not going his way. Jones is very very very hard to land a flush shot on, in over 25 fights Jones has only been landed flush on a few times, which is incredible. Walker won't be able to flying knee Jones in 10 seconds, no way, Jones fight IQ is the best in MMA. Walker would have to have many tricks and amazing accuracy and timing. I need to see more still

I like Jonny, and I think he can be a very good fighter, but my concern is that they feed him to Jones too early as he is running out of challengers. Id like walker to have at least 4-5 fights first. At the moment he is one of 3-4 guys ion the division that have a 'punchers chance' against jones. if he fights him in the next 2-3 fights I can see him taking a beating. that may ruin him as a fighter

Another concern is his chin as he's been laid out a couple of times already. Im hoping they move him in to the top 10 slowly.
I get you but who else is there?
Santos rematch? Dana won't do it.
Blach? Dude is too old.
Reyes? Just as green as Walker.
Rakic? Even worse.

Face it, the LHW div is shallow as fuck right now. Jon knows this and will be riding his pseudo-undefeated record forever.

I get you but who else is there?
Santos rematch? Dana won't do it.
Blach? Dude is too old.
Reyes? Just as green as Walker.
Rakic? Even worse.

Face it, the LHW div is shallow as fuck right now. Jon knows this and will be riding his pseudo-undefeated record forever.

Yeah I agree, that is the problem. And both Reyes and Walker will likely fight jones too soon. I’d personally prefer jones to fight jan, and maybe a couple of other fringe top 5 guys so we can see how Reyes, and especially Walker get on over the next 2 years. But as you say, that’s very unlikely

Not very good. I've spoken to people who trained with him in Brazil before he moved to Thailand. They said that his ground game is pretty bad.

I think that he’s legit and is gonna be in the top 3 of LHW, maybe even beating Jones.

Something I dont like about his style tho is that he seems to be constantly looking for the big strike. Doesnt really seem too worried about scoring points. Thats great if you finish someone, but his style isnt really decision proof. He’s also super spazzy mode from the opening bell. I cant imagine him having any gas left if he enters the third round.

He had one bad night, Es normal. Jon destroyed Gus and embarrassed smith in the usada era..
Jon beat Santos and will win the rematch.
That's one to see it, I for myself (+ penty more people) argued that Jones x Smith's performance was the worst performance of Jones career up until then.
And Gus performance was also not great, but still not that bad.

Where's the hellbows Jones? The guy who submit Machida on feet? The guy who got his arm semi-broken by Belfort and still turned stuff around?
That guy was unbeatable, last weekend's Jones was just a regular(if not subpar) fighter, and has a pretty good chance of losing to Walker.

If I tell you Marreta had a fair chance of dethroning Jones two weeks ago, would you consider that? Not even Thiago's mom would..

What is that "incredible strategy"? To use a lot of lateral movement and kick Jon's legs? Wow. One guy just did that on a bum leg and almost won. I wonder if a real LHW mofo with even more power do the same plan - is it gonna work?
It is fucking hard to outkick Jon, when his arm reach is greater than most ppl's leg reach (plus the eye-poking fingers).

Prime Shogun could maybe do it. Past-Prime Shogun got wrecked. Currently there is NOBODY at LHW who can do this. Santos in a rematch? Dunno.

I like the kid I think he's exciting, creative, filled with personality, and very talented, I hope they bring him along somewhat slowly and don't make him bite off more than he can chew too early, Jon is way too early...

Someone said he was freaky like Golddust and its all I can think about now.

I’m not a believer... at least not that he’s the one to dethrone Bones.

R3FWcll.gif

The real question is, was he given that name cause that’s what was used to conceive him?

It is fucking hard to outkick Jon, when his arm reach is greater than most ppl's leg reach (plus the eye-poking fingers)
Hotora, believe me - it's not that difficult. :) Legs are the closest target to aim for. Vs lanky guy who uses his reach at the maximum, you gotta aim for the thing you can reach without much trouble. Bonus: Jon is not checking kicks or retreating his legs. So they are obvious targets. And I don't believe his arms are longer than people legs. They are long, but not that long.
One must move side to side (laterally) the whole time and invite Jon to engage (like Santos did). That's how you minimize his reach. Oblique kicks, jabs and stiff arms work great if someone comes to you, not so much if you chasin an opponent, and specially one who moves laterally. Cause these are linear attacks, not circular.
I don't think I am wrong because we saw Santos pretty much did that. If he didn't injured himself he could won that. And Gus the 1st time played pretty much the same game, except he wasn't a kicker, but a boxer and did the same with his hands instead his kicks.
Currently there is NOBODY at LHW who can do this. Santos in a rematch? Dunno.
They are people @ LHW who can do this. Rakic and Reyes are good kickers. They have stamina and are all around good fighters with athleticism and size. For sure they can do this gameplan, they just need to stick with it for the whole 25 mins. I am firm believer that Jon won't lose by any type of finish, he is too cautious and he has a chin on him...
Jon will finish Santos in a rematch inside 3 rounds max. Jon is devastating in rematches. He'll take him down and GnP him like nothing I think. Jon finished all his rematches.

(Disclaimer - I also thought Erick Silva was going to be a top contender and we all know how that turned out. We still need to give the youngster time..)

With this new found information, I hereby declare Johnny Walker a can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back