How good is Johnny Walker?

Reach4theSky

Playin' a riddim
@Gold
Reaction score
The dude has an 82 ko/tko percentage, which is insane. Mind you, I know a lot of those ko's were cans on his way up, but he's ko'd all three of his UFC opponents in spectacular fashion..

In a weak LHW division I think he can contend for a title soon. His next fight should be a number 1 contenders match, cause I feel this guy (dare I say it?) has a shot at beating Jon Jones. I think he matches up well against Jon with his height and explosive striking..

So what do you think Johnny Walker will accomplish in his mma career? Champ? Top contender? Middle of the pack? Flash in the pan? Jobber?

(Disclaimer - I also thought Erick Silva was going to be a top contender and we all know how that turned out. We still need to give the youngster time..)

Decent but he's basically a poor man's Masvidal.

Worse than Jack Daniel's, better than Jim Beam's.

Serious answer:
Walker has as much of a chance as Santos. His only hope is hitting Jon flush on the chin - which is a task in itself. He's too green and limited to come up with some incredible strategy to outsmart Jon in a long fight.

I'm afraid Jon weathers the early storm (say 2 rounds), then Walker gasses and is either TKOd or (more probably) cruised to a boring 48-47 UD for Jon - like he did vs Santos.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Balls of steel, this guy really doesn't give a shit.
RichFaintAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_pnwg7aB4ZU1rofocqo1_400.gif

Judging by his 0 top ten wins I’m going to say GOAT...

Johnny Walker seems pretty legit to me.

It's easy to call early life's adversaries as can, we never get to imagine that the other person also don't want to be KOed, and they probably better fighters than we'll ever be. Walker was also a journeyman back then as well.

If Walker fights a Jones like Marreta did, I hope we get to see one more KO coming.

He’s done nothing but a silly dance yet people think he can take on Jones? lol.
{<jordan}{<jordan}

Walker whiskey is to commercial, i dont like it. The red one gives me headaches.
tenor(18).gif

Good enough to get KOed 3 times in 18 seconds by a can

We don't know yet, he hasn't shown us enough. I think he should fight Rakic and I don't agree with the idea of keeping prospects away from each other.

I would've also liked to see Costa vs Israel.

He's very good until he loses again, then he will be absolute dog shit per sherdog logic

He’s done nothing but a silly dance yet people think he can take on Jones? lol.
{<jordan}{<jordan}

Jones looks so unbeatable in this post-usada era.

<{katwhu}><{katwhu}><{katwhu}>

(3>2, I won, deal with it lol) <Gordonhat>

Worse than Jack Daniel's, better than Jim Beam's.

Serious answer:
Walker has as much of a chance as Santos. His only hope is hitting Jon flush on the chin - which is a task in itself. He's too green and limited to come up with some incredible strategy to outsmart Jon in a long fight.

I'm afraid Jon weathers the early storm (say 2 rounds), then Walker gasses and is either TKOd or (more probably) cruised to a boring 48-47 UD for Jon - like he did vs Santos.

I like Jonny, and I think he can be a very good fighter, but my concern is that they feed him to Jones too early as he is running out of challengers. Id like walker to have at least 4-5 fights first. At the moment he is one of 3-4 guys ion the division that have a 'punchers chance' against jones. if he fights him in the next 2-3 fights I can see him taking a beating. that may ruin him as a fighter

Another concern is his chin as he's been laid out a couple of times already. Im hoping they move him in to the top 10 slowly.

Good enough to get KOed 3 times in 18 seconds by a can
The dude that ko'd him (Henrique Silva Lopes) is 5 - 1 with all of his wins being 1st round tko/ko's. Pretty obvious this dude hits like a truck and Johnny got caught. Not to mention, I'm sure Walker's game has gotten tighter in the past 3 years..

Jones looks so unbeatable in this post-usada era.

<{katwhu}><{katwhu}><{katwhu}>

(3>2, I won, deal with it lol) <Gordonhat>
He had one bad night, Es normal. Jon destroyed Gus and embarrassed smith in the usada era..
Jon beat Santos and will win the rematch.

Walker is a more dangerous Santos is my eyes. I think Jon will be smarter in a fight against Walker than he was when he fought Thiago. Still, its interesting and I’d really like to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back