How Good is Derrek Brunson?

BigDaddyChristopher

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I mean I just wanna know... I mean these Style Bender guys be all over Derrek like hes the best thing since coco..

People be throwing around he is a great wrestler, one of the best wrestlers.. Like if Style Bender can stuff Derrek than no one can take him down..

What am i missing about Derrek here.. I got him as a avg fighter at best.. He lost all his hard fights wins easy to medium fights..

I mean really i'm about to put this down as Conor vs Mendes... Or is Derrek really a wrestling god? I don't know let me know. Derrek like two weeks from being Usman and i'm missing out?

Good enough to be referred to as "Derek BUMson"

Don’t trust your own assessment? If you read enough stuff you’ll eventually get talked into dbl guessing yourself.

He's Umm..how do i say..
tenor.gif

I mean I just wanna know... I mean these Style Bender guys be all over Derrek like hes the best thing since coco..

People be throwing around he is a great wrestler, one of the best wrestlers.. Like if Style Bender can stuff Derrek than no one can take him down..

What am i missing about Derrek here.. I got him as a avg fighter at best.. He lost all his hard fights wins easy to medium fights..

I mean really i'm about to put this down as Conor vs Mendes... Or is Derrek really a wrestling god? I don't know let me know. Derrek like two weeks from being Usman and i'm missing out?
He’s been a perennial gate keeper. His wrestling is very good, defensively. He’s never been taken down but that doesn’t really matter because his standup is mediocre. Hes got a lot of decent qualities but it just doesn’t quite fit together.

Make no mistake, Kevin is a BIG step up in competition from Brunson

He out wrestled Romero when they fought and he has crazy knockout power but his major con is his shit chin.

Good, but not great.

He’s been a perennial gate keeper. His wrestling is very good, defensively. He’s never been taken down but that doesn’t really matter because his standup is mediocre. Hes got a lot of decent qualities but it just doesn’t quite fit together.

Make no mistake, Kevin is a BIG step up in competition from Brunson

I couldn't find any footage on the Romero vs Brunson fight.. I really wanted to see that.. Why isn't there any footage of that, i mean that sounds like high highlight and its no where to be found.

Good, but not great.

He gets real sloppy at times...He needs to learn to compose himself better and pick his shots.

Those uppercuts on Anderson were kinda cool tho..

I couldn't find any footage on the Romero vs Brunson fight.. I really wanted to see that.. Why isn't there any footage of that, i mean that sounds like high highlight and its no where to be found.
The boy stays on his feet Romero didn’t get him down. But I mean look at Brunton’s record. Every time he hits the top 6-8 fighters he loses. Everyone else he beats pretty easily

Powerful and fast, low fight IQ, poor defense, chinny. Superb defensive wrestling.

He out wrestled Romero when they fought and he has crazy knockout power but his major con is his shit chin.

Yeah thats what I heard.. I missed that fight, and I can't find ANY source of it. Cause i'm curious how he can out wrestle a guy like romero and not get a single takedown on StyleBender.. I just feel like Romero is comfy with the wrestling to he didn't care as much if he got taken down.. Where StyleBender was fighting for his life??? I'm not sure.. I want to watch that fight.

When you call a top 10 mw of the world who won 2 rounds vs Romero average it says something about your knowledge of the sport

Brah five second google search and this came up. lol

fringe top 10

like a neil magny of 185. he finds his way into the bottom half of the top 10, like 8 to 10 range, but he always loses against the better guys that go into the top 5.

Powerful and fast, low fight IQ, poor defense, chinny. Superb defensive wrestling.

I agree with that low fight IQ.... Seems he is like single minded.. He don't change a game plan even when its not working..

He gets real sloppy at times...Heeds to learn to compose himself better and pick his shots.

Those uppercuts on Anderson were kinda cool tho..
This is probably my favorite Brunson fight

3NoiQ.gif

<21><21>

Brah five second google search and this came up. lol

Yeah but thats not the fulll fight or like anything more than a 2 bit clip of Bronson just getting his ass handed to him.. I wanted to see where Brunson was out wrestling Romero..

Yeah but thats not the fulll fight or like anything more than a 2 bit clip of Bronson just getting his ass handed to him.. I wanted to see where Brunson was out wrestling Romero..
Well brunson did took romero down 3 times but he couldn't keep him down for like for 5 second. And romero was very reckless in that fight, which contributed to him getting takedown by Brunson 3 times.

When you call a top 10 mw of the world who won 2 rounds vs Romero average it says something about your knowledge of the sport

Brah if you can't calm your panties.. I didn't know u had a safe word.. If you stay in the Top 10 your probably a avg UFC fighter.. Am I right or wrong? Or where u say avg fighter is? Like 20? To me... If you top 5 you Elite... Your fucking lit.. You a gate keeper at 10... You the Farm truck of the MMA world bro you a gate keeper..

Back