How good is consta phillipou?

forevrWhiteBelt**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Never heard of him, never seen him fight. I was surprised to see Boetsch being the underdog. Planning on betting on boetsch. So how good is this phillipou guy?

He's shown pretty great TDD against McGee and Fukuda but I believe Boetsch can get takedowns from the clinch. Phillippou has very good hands and footwork. Has some noticable power, but nothing devastating has been seen so far.

I'd bet the house on Boetsch if I were you. Costa has awful take down defense and hasnt shown anything except for some power in his boxing. Boetsch might not be the best but he has certainly proven himself to be light years better than Costa in his last four fights.

Have you even watched either of them fight?

I'd bet the house on Boetsch if I were you. Costa has awful take down defense and hasnt shown anything except for some power in his boxing. Boetsch might not be the best but he has certainly proven himself to be light years better than Costa in his last four fights.

His TDD was very good against Fukuda and McGee. But Boetsch for the most part has a different wrestling game when it comes to MMA. Costa avoids double-legs/single-legs pretty well but I don't recall how he's looked in the clinch

He has some of the best hands in the UFC imo and he keeps improving drastically after every fight.

boetch should grind costa out and win via easy decision. no brainer here folks

Costa has awful take down defense and hasnt shown anything except for some power in his boxing.

You don't know what you're talking about. Fukuda has good takedowns and failed on every attempt. McGee also failed on every attempt to take Philippou down. Combined I believe they went 0 for 16 in takedowns against Philippou.

Amazing how remarkably efficient and effective that awful TDD is of his.

hes gonna beat the overrated tim boetch and then suddenly become overrated himself

Untested striker with a lot of hype fighting a gritty veteran wrestler. Pretty obvious how this is going to turn out.

im not sure, but is he really teh favourite over tim?

i think whoever posted that may be mistaken.

Untested striker with a lot of hype fighting a gritty veteran wrestler. Pretty obvious how this is going to turn out.

Fukuda is also a gritty veteran wrestler. Shouldn't he have won against Philippou then if that's what you're suggesting?

I've bet a house on Tim
Costa isn't that good, he gets tired quickly and didn't have too much power
Tim is always the underdog, but he made it through Okami (even though he was beat inside out for two rounds) and Lombard (even though non of them actually did much), so he'll definitely beat Costa

im not sure, but is he really teh favourite over tim?

i think whoever posted that may be mistaken.

Both are at -115. So even odds. No favorite.

In case anyone is wondering, -115 means you would have to bet 115$ to win 100$. Bet is same for both fighters.

Also, JDS used to be a nice bet at around -100 but apparently people were betting heavy on him cause it's now -230 jds and cain is at +170

Last edited:

Lol you obviously didn't see phillipou's last two fights

Costa is a good fighter, I think he wins Tim...

Fukuda is also a gritty veteran wrestler. Shouldn't he have won against Philippou then if that's what you're suggesting?

Fukuda has shown to be a low level fighter while boetsch has shown to be upper level.

As I can recall Boetsch was the favorite not the underdog and Phillipou is on a 4 fight winning streak if that answers your question.

Back