How good is Ben Askren? Is he a threat to GSP?

No, he wouldn't even come close to beating Koshchek or Hendricks. He has looked so dominant in bellator because we have never seen him fight an experience mma guy who also has NCAA pedigree but ALSO with good striking. Gsp on the other hand has beaten wrestlers with great power.

Ben Askren is trying to talk himself into a payday, he knows he has no chance to win, just like all the guys who fight FMM. They want the $$ they know a title fight with GSP brings.

Anybody who thinks Askren could beat gsp should start watching mma.

ben askren has won the ncaa title twice and gotten runner up the other two times.

though hendricks did beat benny

Hendricks was 3x champion and 1x 2nd place > Askren

Rosholt was 3x champion and 1x 3rd place > Askren

Askren would have been 4x champion if it weren't for that beast Pendleton.

He's legit but GSP is better everywhere when it come to MMA .

GSP is a stylistic nightmare for Askren, though Askren is a good fighter

I'll be honest, i don't know much about askren because haven't seen him much. But it's not like i'm gonna be graded on this comment so i'll give you my expert opinion.

Askren is technically a superior wrestler, but he poses no threat on the feet to GSP. More importantly, GSP is too strong and athletic to be controlled by a guy like Askren. He'l dominate for 5 rounds and win comfortably. Except askren will never get the chance to fight GSP.

i'll be honest, i don't know much about askren because haven't seen him much. But it's not like i'm gonna be graded on this comment so i'll give you my expert opinion.

Askren is technically a superior wrestler, but he poses no threat on the feet to gsp. More importantly, gsp is too strong and athletic to be controlled by a guy like askren. He'l dominate for 5 rounds and win comfortably. Except askren will never get the chance to fight gsp.

3/10

I don't think he is necessarily a threat to GSP. He's a threat to every other WW, though.

No.

1) GSP only wrestles when he wants to. He doesn't need to wrestler Askren to win.

2) Askren's wrestling style doesn't port to MMA that well, despite a respectable record of beating C level competition. Askren is best off scrambles and GSP won't give him opportunities to have a fast paced wrestling match.

Askren fights in bellator where there is no competition.

There certainly isn't as much, but Lima would be a factor at 170 in the UFC. Askren is a bad matchup for him, but Douglas certainly has top 10 potential.

He's overrated.

That is impossible since 99.9% of this forum thinks he's garbage.

Anyway, he'd probably have difficulty with GSP's striking, as it's obviously something he hasn't been training for very long. Still, training with Pettis should help him greatly.

Problem is, no one's signing him at the moment, so the question is not who he'll be fighting but if he'll be fighting.

GSP would 10-9 him for 5 rounds. Ben Askren will never be a UFC champ.

Back