How French Intellectuals Ruined the West, postmodernism and its impact explained

The French let the Arabs walk into Europe, what, 3 to 4 times? They also let the Romans do whatever they fucked they wanted.

Interesting note about the French is that in history they've always forgone winning wars outright in order to stay on top of relevancy. That country is the quintessential under-achiever. Except when it comes to food. They own that shit

Looks like this was written two months after the inauguration. Both were fragmented but right after a loss it probably appeared the loosing team was.

Maybe he was clutching at straws to explain the Dem's loss, but that's still a hell of a misfire, imo.

How is it not reasonable to desire someone to respond in a way that is conducive to a healthy dialog?
Stumped me a bit on this one.

"but it is responsible for not engaging with reasonable concerns reasonably and thereby making itself harder for reasonable people to support."

It doesn't sound like he's talking about dialogue. "engaging with reasonable concerns reasonably" sounds like he's saying that a) they're concerned about unreasonable things and b) they are either engaging those concerns unreasonably or he doubts their ability to reasonably engage the real problems, even if they could recognize them.

It sounds to me like he's criticizing which problems they're focusing on and their inability to engage them reasonably, which is causing them to lose support of reasonable people. I don't see anything about a dialogue.

Greeks, Romans, Judeo-Christians, Renaissance thinkers, Reformation thinkers, English thinkers, French thinkers, American thinkers, and here we are more or less.

The Continental European line of succession would be different, and far too German.

Lol. "Germans pretty much created philosophy" said every German imaginable.

This is what i mean. Its the creation myth. You take everything and give it a face and name and say this is genesis. 'In the beginning, aristotle said'.

The west is as much a creation of the greeks as iran today is a creation of ancient persians. It sounds cool but honestly youll find much more relevant creators and contributors in the last 300 years. But who wants to hear they are the creation of lame french leftists.

Completely agree. It's much how so many Liberals claim to trace their lineage back to Locke and claim him as the epitome of Liberalism, when in reality he was a Whig. The Liberal conception of Democracy was created after the World Wars, especially after WWII, not in the 17th or 18th centuries.

It doesn't sound like he's talking about dialogue. "engaging with reasonable concerns reasonably" sounds like he's saying that a) they're concerned about unreasonable things and b) they are either engaging those concerns unreasonably or he doubts their ability to reasonably engage the real problems, even if they could recognize them.

It sounds to me like he's criticizing which problems they're focusing on and their inability to engage them reasonably, which is causing them to lose support of reasonable people. I don't see anything about a dialogue.

" Engaging with reasonable concerns reasonably" is by definition having a dialog, I'm not sure how else their supposed to engage reasonably.

" Engaging with reasonable concerns reasonably" is by definition having a dialog, I'm not sure how else their supposed to engage reasonably.

Well, for starters, Right-Wingers believe that Reason is dictated by the market and the values derived from it. Reason is not this universal substance that is universally understood. It changes meaning throughout time and space (history and culture/environment). Conversations are not always reasonable and can be irrational as fuck.

Maybe he was clutching at straws to explain the Dem's loss, but that's still a hell of a misfire, imo.

Some people voted Trump that had previously voted Obama twice. Berni supporters were upset with Hillary that were all part of the left.
Trump couldn't have won with that much fragmentation.

Maddow and Mathews reflected a fraction of what was happening.

im a sherdog intellectual and i will un-ruin the west

The French let the Arabs walk into Europe, what, 3 to 4 times? They also let the Romans do whatever they fucked they wanted.

Interesting note about the French is that in history they've always forgone winning wars outright in order to stay on top of relevancy. That country is the quintessential under-achiever. Except when it comes to food. They own that shit
Gotta be honest, not really a fan of their food either.

Some people voted Trump that had previously voted Obama twice. Berni supporters were upset with Hillary that were all part of the left.
Trump couldn't have won with that much fragmentation.

Maddow and Mathews reflected a fraction of what was happening.

There is literally nothing that happened that is comparable to the Republicans battling Trump and promising to vote Hillary.

"Engaging with reasonable concerns reasonably" could mean "addressing reasonable concerns" (which means to say that they should stop ignoring the topics that he thinks are morevreasonable than what they've been focusing on) and to address them sensibly, instead of like howler monkeys.

"Engaging with reasonable concerns reasonably" could mean "addressing reasonable concerns" (which means to say that they should stop ignoring the topics that he thinks are morevreasonable than what they've been focusing on) and to address them sensibly, instead of like howler monkeys.
That's offensive to howler monkeys.

French food ain't shit. Italians demolish them as far as food goes. If I want to eat a tiny snack of girly shit I would eat French crap.
"Oh you want a croissant?" - French garcon
Not if you want to keep your spleen!

French intellectuals created "western society" in the first place, so rest assured they can do whatever the fuck they want.

ROFL. The idea that people sitting around in a room thinking created anything in hilarious.

didn't they dominate central europe for like hundreds of years?

ROFL. The idea that people sitting around in a room thinking created anything in hilarious.

As hilarious as thinking said people are able to destroy anything.

Well, for starters, Right-Wingers believe that Reason is dictated by the market and the values derived from it. Reason is not this universal substance that is universally understood. It changes meaning throughout time and space (history and culture/environment). Conversations are not always reasonable and can be irrational as fuck.

They can be but does that mean we just shouldn't try?

Those poststructuralists are plainly the primary scourge of American society today with their pinko ways...

If you look at what is currently happening on the Federal level and the majority of the states... they are CLEARLY running the show...

(Drill baby dill, build the wall, bomb ‘em all and let Allah sort ‘em out, emirite?)

I think the idea here is that what brought Trump to power is the post modern influence on the dems.
Its bin pointed out on sherdog quite a bit that identity politics didn't help them at all.

Back