How does USADA pick and choose who they "randomly" test.

I'm also curious as to why it takes them a month to get the results back? What is the sense in even testing them right before a fight only to have it announced a week after the fight after the damage is done. How convenient the UFC can now reduce the payout after they have cashing in on the PPV dollars. FFS get this shit back in a weeks time.

Because it's not CSI where the results only take a day or so to run....

You know that some tests take nearly that long to run right? and the two labs are handling 60,000 samples a year

Yeah you're right. If I were a fighter and I got news that the dude I just fought (and lost to possibly….) was on the sauce. The only one that financially benefits from that news is the UFC as their payout is now reduced. Unless that held back portion goes to the clean fighter? If that happens it wouldn't rub me so wrong I think. (And maybe it does, and I just don't know it?)

Yes, that's what happened at UFC 200.

The reason that it takes long is because they have a lot of tests to do. The UFC is not their only client. In case you missed it, there's some kind of thing called the Olympics going on.

But it's happened when the olympics are not going on as well. I see your point, I know they are busy, I get it. Does the clean fighter get the portion of the reduced payout to the dirty fighter?

It feels completely bizarre. In some cases they are doing the smart thing and testing the hell out of people that should be - champs, contenders, and people that just look physically jacked. These all make sense to focus on, especially people fighting for titles. But sometimes they seemingly don't want to focus on someone that they should. This happened with Claudia Gadelha recently. She was in amazing shape and getting ready to fight for the belt, so they decided to not test her for like two or three months. That's bad. Last thing the sport needs is for someone to win a belt, then piss hot two days later.

And we also have
Francis Ngannou to scratch our heads over. Dude is fucking JACKED, and on a killing spree, and last I heard was hardly, if at all, being tested. Are they trying to lay a trap where he suddenly gets tested every couple days right before his next fight? Do they look at this guy and say "he's so small he couldn't be on something"?

Very confusing.
This is what sport needs.
prideroidcontract.jpg

The person is not random, the day and hour that they knock on your front door is random.

Oh I've read how their methods. I don't believe them in that it takes so long for results. I question their motives for giving a test on a date that gives results long after the fight has happened. I might have my tinfoil hat on, but something about those late test results only benefiting the UFC rubs me wrong.

Yeah it was totally beneficial for Jon Jones to be pulled off UFC 200 and create a mad scramble for a main event just 2 days before the event.

Yeah it was totally beneficial for Jon Jones to be pulled off UFC 200 and create a mad scramble for a main event just 2 days before the event.

You got a point there. Tell that to Hunt

I'm also curious as to why it takes them a month to get the results back? What is the sense in even testing them right before a fight only to have it announced a week after the fight after the damage is done. How convenient the UFC can now reduce the payout after they have cashing in on the PPV dollars. FFS get this shit back in a weeks time.
that's how it's always been even when the athletic commissions do they testing

You got a point there. Tell that to Hunt
he would just cuss you out, start crying and accuse you of sticking needles in your poop chute. It wouldn't be a very meaningful conversation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back