• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How does Leon Edwards do against prime Robbie Lawler?

Robbie as champion had a lot of close fights. Imo he should have to Hendricks and Condit. I think Leon would have figured out a way to beat him.

I'd love to see Lawler win this fight, one of my all time favs. But I would go with Leon. Robbie barely got by Condit by a decision and Condit made it a point fight. Leon is better than Condit, more technical, more strategic, more skilled striker and better defensively. I would take Leon by dec

Leon is more technical than Lawler. This generation's WW are a bit better. Lawler is really good at winning close rounds with last min bursts. He isn't a high volume fighter. Leon will win a decision because he isn't the type of fighter to engage in a fire fight. Lawler's only chance is to land something big.

Low output Leon finds a way to nullify any action and wins via 15 strike per round boring decision

Robbie pressures him, bloodies him up, gets him to make a mistake and gets the vicious KO

Most likely Leon via Dec 3rds to 2 or 4-1. Some close rounds but Leon clearly winning them.

That said, if Robbie were to somehow drag leon in to a brawl he'd TKO leon.

( I mean that Robbie that was going to war with Hendricks and Rory).

I'd love to see Lawler win this fight, one of my all time favs. But I would go with Leon. Robbie barely got by Condit by a decision and Condit made it a point fight. Leon is better than Condit, more technical, more strategic, more skilled striker and better defensively. I would take Leon by dec
Condit actually has a lot of finishing ability though and he rocked Lawler in a very close fight that I thought Condit edged out. Leon is not likely to be able to hurt Lawler and he's not a better wrestler than Koscheck, Ellenberger or Hendricks. Leon's lack of striking power and not having really strong offensive grappling makes me pick prime Lawler to beat him.

50-45 Edwards

Robbie was a slow-footed puncher who fought in the worst era of WW and eeked out rounds with short spurts. No way he can break Leon's range control

50-45 Edwards

Robbie was a slow-footed puncher who fought in the worst era of WW and eeked out rounds with short spurts. No way he can break Leon's range control

The way I see it, there are five eras of WW.

The first era is the pioneer era, spanning from the creation of welterweight 1998 to when Hughes beats Newton for the title in 2001. Obviously the worst era of WW, objectively speaking, since Miletich literally defended against a dude who was 1-0. But we can give it a pass because most pioneer eras are horrible compared to what came later.

Second era is the Hughes era, up until he was trading titles with BJ and GSP. 2001-2007.

Third era is GSP's long reign, after he reclaims the title from Matt Serra up to around 2012.

The fourth era are the fights leading up to GSP's semi-retirement and then the post-GSP era. This is the era you're talking about, around 2013-2016.

The fifth era is the modern era—Woodley + Usman. Now we're in the a new era that's post-Usman and still ongoing.

I am kind of struggling to see how 2013-2016 is the worst era of WW, when the top guys of this time are Lawler, Condit, Nick Diaz, Rory Mac, and Johny Hendricks.

León would out point him in a boring fight, Lawler only chance of winning is going full berserk.

5-0 shut out. Can’t brawl if you’re punching air. War Leon.

50-45 Edwards

The era with prime Lawler, Henricks, Condit, Diaz and Mcdonald was the worst? LMAO.

Back