How does Dollaway win after losing mount 2x in R3?

ralphus1

It's hard to be a saint in the city
@Gold
Reaction score
Perhaps my memory fails me, but I can't remember seeing this happen before.

Dollaway's wrestling looked pretty average, not to mention his striking still hasn't improved in the 4 years he's been in the UFC.

I dont know how he won that fight either.....it was clear he lost 2 rounds atleast

Getting Mount 2x > Escaping from Mount 2x

That is how.

I know he lost round 1 he about had him in round 2 and round 3 was just a mess. I thought it was a good fight for what it's worth

CB should fight Brunson next and Safrian or however you spell his name should get Leben.

CB won it for me, could have gone either way.

Because he had multiple takedowns and full mount twice. In order to lose full mount, you have to have gotten it in the first place.

when did losing the mount mean somebody should lose the fight?

I dont know how he won that fight either.....it was clear he lost 2 rounds atleast

They are using the judging criteria setup by the unified rules, sorry. That means he CB should have gotten a UD.

meh, it was a close fight that was a split decision. CB got the nod in the end and he did come closer to finishing the fight, so it was probably the right call.

Certainly not a dominating performance by either fighter.

Because he had multiple takedowns and full mount twice. In order to lose full mount, you have to have gotten it in the first place.

This seems about right. I had CB winning this fight but I wouldnt really have argued if they said he lost.

Perhaps my memory fails me, but I can't remember seeing this happen before.

Dollaway's wrestling looked pretty average, not to mention his striking still hasn't improved in the 4 years he's been in the UFC.

didn't realize losing mount was part of the judging criteria. dollaway controlled him the majority of the round, took his back twice and landed some sub par gnp. that's way more than the half guard sweep and a rnc attempt that wasn't even close. The only argument i could see for him to lose that round is that he was the closest to being finished out of the two, but the sub wasn't even close and dollaway controlled the majority of the round and did more damage (as little as there was). thought it was pretty clear cut dec. for dollaway (who i fucking hate btw since his phantom tapping in tuf finale)

Very close fight. I had Dollaway winning and I don't like Dollaway.

You are really under valuing the fact he got those mounts, aren't you?

Aggression and octagon control baby.

I didn't realize CB had such a good chin, coconut dome right there he took a lot of shots and it didn't even seem to phase him.

Getting a takedown into a dominant position is, and always should be valued higher than reversing mount into your opponents guard.

Back