How does Cormier and Jon Jones avoid the flu

I've been absolutely sick as fuck for the past week so I was thinking the same thing. Not necessarily for Jones and Cormier, but in general. Imagine having a whole training camp and just happening to get sick around fight time. It does happen (recently happened to Brunson) but it seems extremely rare.

I did not have a flu shot :(

Flu is not a big deal to anyone who isnt old as fuck. Its just a bad cold.

There is a widespread flu this year, and it's pretty bad. I'm in fairly good shape and couldn't avoid it. I see both Cormier and Jon Jones frequently attend media events, open workouts, interviews, etc, where there obviously are alot of people around. How do they avoid getting sick come fight night, as it would seriously impair their fighting ability?

Don't eat carbs. Haven't had a flu or cold since I stopped eating them.

Never had a flu shot in my life and don't get sick. And damn sure never will now that there are stories of them mixing animal parts in vaccines and immunizations, etc.

Washing your hands and not touching your face is a big part. But clean living in your household as well.

I shower every day, with soap obviously. But the rest of the day I don't need 'anti-bacterial' soap to wash my hands. Just water. But if I even just enter a restroom I will wash my hands, even if I didn't touch or use the facilities. Public restrooms are nasty.

I also think a really good sweat (workout, sauna, sports, etc.) a few times a weeks can do wonders for your health.

Good question. I never get the flu, can't even remember the last time I was sick, and I woke up today with a sore throat and lethargy with that sick taste in my mouth

Never had a flu shot in my life and don't get sick. And damn sure never will now that there are stories of them mixing animal parts in vaccines and immunizations, etc.

Washing your hands and not touching your face is a big part. But clean living in your household as well.

I shower every day, with soap obviously. But the rest of the day I don't need 'anti-bacterial' soap to wash my hands. Just water. But if I even just enter a restroom I will wash my hands, even if I didn't touch or use the facilities. Public restrooms are nasty.

I also think a really good sweat (workout, sauna, sports, etc.) a few times a weeks can do wonders for your health.

And yet another example of a failed public education system. Stop believing in conspiracy theories you read on internet forums. Get vaccinated. Wash your hands with anti bacterial/viral soap. Your ignorance has repercussions that can directly affect others.

I'm sure they get regular vaccines and eat lots of GMOs.

Why are you going into public restrooms if not to "go"?

And yet another example of a failed public education system. Stop believing in conspiracy theories you read on internet forums. Get vaccinated. Wash your hands with anti bacterial/viral soap. Your ignorance has repercussions that can directly affect others.

Calling others ignorant because they see things differently than you do is ignorant. I haven't had a flu shot in years and quite frankly I don't feel comfortable having them injected into my body. And it has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. There are plenty of medical doctors out there as well who don't get vaccinations and don't advise people to get them. Also, if you believe the flu shot works, and you have been vaccinated, then being around an unvaccinated person isn't going to harm you because afterall, you're already protected right?

Calling others ignorant because they see things differently than you do is ignorant. I haven't had a flu shot in years and quite frankly I don't feel comfortable having them injected into my body. And it has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. There are plenty of medical doctors out there as well who don't get vaccinations and don't advise people to get them. Also, if you believe the flu shot works, and you have been vaccinated, then being around an unvaccinated person isn't going to harm you because afterall, you're already protected right?

Its not a matter of seeing things differently. Not all opinions are equal, not all should be respected. There is an abundance of peer reviewed literature supporting my stance for influenza vaccinations. You have none. If you want to be taken seriously, provide evidence. And no, competent MDs do not advise against the flu vaccine for a healthy individual. You're talking out of your ass. To your last question... again no. That's not at all how vaccinations work. There are degrees of protection and furthermore, providing a larger host population leads to increased chances of antigenic shift (resulting in pandemics like 1918).

Wrong.

But congratulations! You're a DBag and you get sick.

Admit it, this whole thread was to start a war zone about flu shots.

Idiots like you are the reason smallpox persisted a century after a successful vaccine had been created.

So someone lived clean, washed routinely, and was never sick, but was also the reason smallpox persisted for a century.

So you're a DBag and a hater. Quit hatin dude. Just quit hatin.

Back