How does Conor McGregor match up against the top 10 Welterweights in the UFC?

He loses to most if not all of them, because he is not WW size.

He’s the king of beating manlets- not men.

Woodley literally be DROWNED alive on live TV by Conor
You don't even know what "literally" means, boy. Your middle school education + sub-80 IQ is on full display here and it's hilarious

<45>

Tyron Woodley - Dangerous match up, but winnable. Woodley's wrestling would offer no real threat but, like Conor, he has lighting fast speed when he's fresh and power in both hands.

Colby Covington - Same as above. Colby can't hang with Conor on the feet but his relentless pressure and wrestling could be too much unless Conor manages to hurt him early.

Darren Till - Dangerous fight. I don't see how Conor wins. Till's a great striker but even more than that is his size. He's just too big.

RDA - Beatable. He loves to strike and he'd probably get too aggressive and get himself caught by a rangy and powerful counter striker like McGregor.

Stephen Thompson - How would Conor even deal with that weird, defensive stance that Wonderboy employs? Not to mention Thompson lets his hands and feet go when his opponent offers little to no threat on the ground (and Conor is obviously no elite wrestler or grappler of any kind), so you might be looking at McGregor being on the wrong end of a highlight reel knockout for once. Wonderboy is the hardest fight in the division alongside Till.

Robbie Lawler - Conor wins easily. It'd be the WW's version of Conor schooling Eddie minus the threat of a take down (all of which Conor easily stuffed anyway.) Robbie would stand and bang, and Conor would just constantly counter him and light him up. Easy work.

Kamura Usman - There's the threat of the take down but I honestly feel Conor lights him up and KO's him before it happens.

Demian Maia - Conor would definitely win. Maia is an anaconda when he has you on the ground but he sucks at take downs and he's got nothing for McGregor on the feet. Conor would stuff his take downs and knock him out.

Neil Magny & Jorge Masvidal - Both would be easy work for McGregor.

Also, Conor out points Wonderboy (way better footwork, way better boxer etc)

WB isn't taking Conor down and WB doesn't push any kind of pace that will make the much smaller Conor work - where instead Conor's significance skill, IQ, speed, and timing advantages will be huge

Conor schools the complete and utter shit out of Robbie Lawlor (Way better boxer and Robbie has always struggled vs southpaws)

Conor schools the complete and utter shit out of RDA (RDA's 2 biggest weaknesses have always been pressure and counter punching. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to now put two and two together when Connor is the greatest counter-punching boxer MMA history has ever seen at a championship level)

Everyone in the top 10 at WW, Conor would school in the striking with absolute ease

The only striker there that could potentially utilise his size and chin over Conor is Darren Till

And the only fighters there that could trouble Conor would be Colby/Maia/Usman

Conor STILL has a great shot at beating all 3 (via striking)

The most difficult fight for Conor among those 3 would probably be Maia (contrary to idiot belief wrestling is not Conor's weakness, it's potentially someone who has better BJJ then Conor. I think Jones was on to something when he said Conor will wreck Khabib because Khabib doesn't have the BJJ to go along with his wrestling)

Regardless, this really is a pointless thread because Conor is way too small for WW

but don't get it twisted, skill for skill Conor is significantly superior to everybody in that top 10.

The fights Conor would win would be due to Conor's skill and IQ

Because of the fact Conor is nothing but skill and fight IQ - and relies on nothing but his immaculate skill and fight IQ, Conor will always have the potential to have great success against heavier opponents (ESPECIALLY if it stays standing then it's Conor ALL DAY over every one bigger)...size really only matters in the grappling

Threads like this just show how otherworldly next level Conor is though

His sherdog haters are so desperate to see Conor lose, they want to match Conor up against heavy weights and shit LOL

Last edited:
Also, Conor out points Wonderboy (way better footwork, way better boxer etc)

WB isn't taking Conor down and WB doesn't push any kind of pace that will make the much smaller Conor work - where instead Conor's significance skill, IQ, speed, and timing advantages will be huge

Conor schools the complete and utter shit out of Robbie Lawlor (Way better boxer and Robbie has always struggled vs southpaws)

Conor schools the complete and utter shit out of RDA (RDA 2 biggest weakness have always been pressure and counter punching. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to now put two and two together when Connor is the greatest counter-punching boxer MMA history has ever seen at a championship level)

Everyone in the top 10 at WW Conor schools in the striking with absolute ease

The only striker there that could potentially utilise his size and chin over Conor is Darren Till

And the only fighters there that could trouble Conor would be Colby/Maia/Usman

Conor STILL has a great shot at beating all 3 above on the feet.

The most difficult figbt for Conor among those 3 would probably be Maia.

Regardless, this really is a pointless thread because Conor is way too small for WW

but don't get it twisted, skill for skill Connor is significantly superior to everybody in that top 10.

The fights Conor would win would be due to Conor's skill and IQ

Because Conor is nothing but skill and fight IQ - and relies on nothing but his skill inside IQ Conor will always have the potential to have success against heavier opponents (ESPECIALLY if it stays standing)...size really only matters in the grappling

Threads like this just show how otherworldly next level Conor is though

His sherdog haters are so desperate to see Conor lose, they want to match Conor up against heavy weights and shit LOL
Damn, you're backtracking already my man? You've said multiple times in just the past few days that Conor would easily "school" Darren Till. Now you're saying he'd potentially be able to cause some problems for Conor on the feet?

What's with the attitude change? Maybe you don't believe all these "breakdowns" you're putting out there? ;)

He’s lose to all the wrestlers, get badly outstruck by Thompson and would likely get ktfo by lawler

1. Tyron Woodley KOs Conor
2. Colby Covington Melts Conor
3. Darren Till KOs Conor
4. Rafael Dos Anjos Winnable fight but still RDA has agreat chance of beating him
5. Stephen Thompson Destroys Conor
6. Robbie Lawler KTFOS Conor
7. Kamaru Usman It depends in which version he shows up .
8. Demian Maia Chokes conor
9. Neil Magny Winnable fight but still magny may outwrestle conor .
10. Jorge Masvidal Winnable fight .

Not only is this thread embarrassing, the responses are just as embarrassing

MMA fans are still brainwashed on that "bu but size" kick.

Where a higher weight class or heavier fighter is automatically better because "bu size"

Too many wrestlers with the weight-cutting mentality got into MMA and it took the focus off of skill

They brought their bullshit into MMA and now it's so prevalent in MMA.

Fighting is all about skill, period

I bet the same ignorant dorks in this thread saying that Conor would lose to every single top 10 WW, was also saying the same about RDA.

Did you guys forget Conor absolutely schooled the fighter who schooled RDA

WW being a deep or tough division is a myth. It's not a shit show like how LHW/HW have always been, but it's def not as good as it's hyped up to be

There's a reason why former LW contenders can go up and have so much success at WW

LW fighters are way more skilled, and LW is a way more talent rich stacked division

I would put my money on any top 5 LW wrecking shop at WW

The ONLY WWs in the top 5 who I see offering anything to Conor is Colby(pace) and Till (size and chin)...I see Conor absolutely schooling everyone else in the top 5

Last edited:
He matches up as:

too small vs guys that would eat him alive.

Woodley can wrestle fuck him, but winnable due to Woodley's height.

Wonderboy vs Conor is a dream match up, I can't pick a winner, probably WB due to size.

He'll never hurt Till, due to his size, so that's a unwinnable match. Usman would beat him as well with ease.

Rory would wrestle fuck him as well. Too big for Conor.

Lawler is shot, so Conor has a good chance.

Colby is realistic, but I'm not sure his chin has been tested. If Colby has a chin, Conor won't handle the pace.

Conor would dust RDA, Cerrone, Mike Perry, Ponzi, Masvidal, etc.

Conor is highly skilled enough to beat almost all of the Welterweights, but he doesn't have the size to really hurt the WWs.

Not only is this thread embarrassing,[/rQUOTE]

The next logical step for McGregor if he beats Khabib is a 3rd belt at WW, so how exactly is discussing how he does in that division embarrassing.

If it was MW upwards I would agree.

1. Tyron Woodley: Loss KO round 2
2. Colby Covington: Loss SUB round 2
3. Darren Till: Loss KO round 2
4. Rafael Dos Anjos: 50/50 fight
5. Stephen Thompson: Loss UD or Tko late
6. Robbie Lawler: 50/50 because Lawler is shot
7. Kamaru Usman: Loss by SUB round 2
8. Demian Maia: Loss SUB round 1
9. Neil Magny: Win UD
10. Jorge Masvidal: Loss TKO round 3

Beats Masvidal, Magny and RDA. Absolutely 0% chance against anyone else in the top 10.

1. Tyron Woodley: lost by KO
2. Colby Covington: lost by submission
3. Darren Till: lost by KO
4. Rafael Dos Anjos: lost by submission
5. Stephen Thompson: lost by RHK
6. Robbie Lawler: lost by KO
7. Kamaru Usman: lost by GnP
8. Demian Maia: lost by submission
9. Neil Magny: lost by TKO
10. Jorge Masvidal: lost by KO

Conor weighs 168lbs on a full stomach he belongs at 155

"How would Mini-Mouse match up against the top 10 at MW?"

Of course yet another terrible Conor hating thread from The Blob/Mysterio (Its the same person on alt accounts).

What is this now, your 55th Conor hating thread for the weekend?

RENT FREE btw

I can't wait for Conor to make easy work of Khabib and drive these people back into their caves
Cunt you have made Multiple threads in the last couple of days throating Conor’s balls. Shut the fuck up

Fights he'd lose:

1. Tyron Woodley ==> Gets smashed/KTFO
2. Colby Covington ==> Gets Grinded/Wrestlef*****
3. Darren Till ==> Gets stomped, size difference is big
5. Stephen Thompson ==> Gets point striked at range, maybe finished
7. Kamaru Usman ==> Gets extremely wrestlef*****
8. Demian Maia ==> Sub by whatever Demian wants
9. Neil Magny ==> outgrappled, outsized

Fights he can win :

4. Rafael Dos Anjos ==> 50/50, his style could give RDA problems
6. Robbie Lawler ==> he can win, i'd say 50/50, conor's counters vs robbie's toughness
10. Jorge Masvidal ==> probably his easiest matchup in the top 10, 60/40 in Conor's favor

I agree. Robbie today might ger KO'd, but I reckon the Robbie of 3 years ago would walk through him and TKO him.

I’d take him against Magny and Masvidal. I’m not sure about RDA or Maia (does the latter have anything left in the tank?). But the rest all beat Conor.

It's difficult to call for wasteland anymore since 90% of threads deserve wasteland because 90% of sherdoggers couldn't tell their elbow from their arse.

Back