How does Belal

He is uber boring.

His fighting and his personality.

Israel has finishes and FOTNs. You can't even make a highlight reel on YouTube for Belal that's entertaining.

I guess Belal needs to work on his post win humping game or shoot some imaginary arrows

I thought Belal fought fine and he brough an interesting fight and game plan, it was gilbert who did nothing.

Izzy does it and he’s cool. Belal does it and it’s boring

people hate on Izzy all the time for borring fights. It's never his fault.

This time it wasn't belals fault.

I guess Belal needs to work on his post win humping game or shoot some imaginary arrows
israel-adesanya.gif

israel-adesanya-alex-pereira.gif

ImperturbablePoliticalIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

Go find some Belal finishes that are as good as these.

Belal was not boring yesterday , he did impress me a lot.
looking forward to his next fight

Truly awful fight. Wouldn't have blamed Belal fighting that way had Burns had both arms but once it was obvious Burns literally had one arm he could have at least shown some more aggressiveness.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the UFC passes him over if Shavkat has another impressive win.

Burns was essentially Nick Newell out there & every round was still competitive.

This performance should make ppl appreciate Aljo v Dillashaw

Haha.. this is hilarious..

What is so hard to understand.. the way he fights has him slightly overdue for a title shot and zero hype.. he also takes no damage and neutralizes guys enough to make 3 other guys think he won a game of mma..

Would he predict his pretty finishes while being highly charismatic he'd have had his title shot by now unless that higher risk game has you losing at some critical point..

The trade off is pretty obvious..

Lol at people comparing a kickboxer and a wrestler in terms of knockouts and finishes <45>

For a kickboxer Izzy is ultraboring, but he too gets the job done while minimizing the risk. The other guy is always welcome to impose his will if he can.

Yeah man, he doesn't have the physical attributes to be one of these highlight reel fighters. He used his IQ to win fights and he's one of the best for it. He can go for broke and be a 50/50 fighter, but then he wouldn't even be close to the same career trajectory. Mans got to do what he's got to do. At least he's not lay and praying, Belal has some of the most intelligent pressure in all of MMA. Fighters that do have those attributes that catch your eye can learn s lot from him.
Given how good he's gotten at making the most of his limited tool set, I wonder if he will be able to teach that in the future. If so, he could end up being one hell of a coach.

Given how good he's gotten at making the most of his limited tool set, I wonder if he will be able to teach that in the future. If so, he could end up being one hell of a coach.
He actually has a decent tool set, he's a very well rounded fighter. What he lacks is the physical gifts like explosion, power, speed insane reflexes, what Teddy Atlas calls "neon talents". These things would make his skill set pop even more, but since nothing he does has that fight ending threat behind it, people tend to over look him. I agree man, Belal would be a great coach, teaching his students how not to be in bad positions. I'd want to quit if I saw him and Khabib in an opposite corner.

I think it was that double-leg takedown that he landed (and was in pretty deep, at that), and he just let it go. The commentators suggested Burns hurt his shoulder when he hit the ground.

Belal kneed his shoulder on the takedown attempt which injured it.

Belal literally dismantled him, yet people overlook the fact.

Back