How Does a Fighter Break in to the Top 10?

6a122210fc28d99366ea4e5a566179f8.gif

74f49175dd3f9f8e8496bb5fe59c4162.gif

The october 5th archives show that the rankings are from the 29th of september. Why are you posting fake news?

I honestly don't even want skill set to be factored into rankings, but I suppose it could be the 'octagon control' of the scoring system (ie, virtually completely ignored, if not actually completely).

Judging someone's skill set is purely subjective. UFC Stats are far from perfect and are controversial at times, but that's more metric-based, and maybe a better third choice assessment?
Yeah, you are probably right, just results - form is a better system. IDK about the stats though, I feel that is too easily padded.

Usman got to #10 without beating anyone ranked. The only ranked wins he had before fighting woodley were RDA and Maia

Usman got to #10 without beating anyone ranked. The only ranked wins he had before fighting woodley were RDA and Maia

Probably got boosted because he won TUF.

I suppose that's better than getting boosted just by being someone's cousin.

I see Cejudo at #5. Lost two fights in a row. Before that, inactive or retired for about three years.
...Cruz at #12 ??? Does he even fight anymore??

...Yan #6 three fight losing streak, four out five losses.

maybe you have some bigotry and discriminating attitude towards Dagestani fighters. Some very good fighters coming out of Dagestan 17-0 and 5-0 in UFC. Umar is top 10 worthy!
Admittedly insane.

I see Cejudo at #5. Lost two fights in a row. Before that, inactive or retired for about three years.
...Cruz at #12 ??? Does he even fight anymore??

...Yan #6 three fight losing streak, four out five losses.

maybe you have some bigotry and discriminating attitude towards Dagestani fighters. Some very good fighters coming out of Dagestan 17-0 and 5-0 in UFC. Umar is top 10 worthy!

I have nothing against any fighters from any region of the world, but I don't consider a fighter a legit #10 without a single win over anyone in the top 15.

This point keeps getting brought up: someone loses to an elite fighter or two, but someone crushes a can or two, therefore the can crusher is on 'better form'?

How about we rank fighters highly when they start beating highly ranked fighters? And no, 'all the ranked fighters are scared' isn't a real narrative, but welcome to page 6!

Back