• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Do You Think Tim Sylvia Would Have Fared With Today's Heavyweights?

The only people that think he wasn't good or is over rated are the newbs who only saw the randy fight (which he had a hurt back and randy knew it) or that big nog submitted him (even though Tim was dominating until then....think sonnen vs Silva 1 if you don't remember). Tim Sylvia was awesome, is awesome and will always be awesome

If you doubt the awesomeness I'll prove it to you: you just read it on sherdog=fact

The only people that think he wasn't good or is over rated are the newbs who only saw the randy fight (which he had a hurt back and randy knew it) or that big nog submitted him (even though Tim was dominating until then....think sonnen vs Silva 1 if you don't remember). Tim Sylvia was awesome, is awesome and will always be awesome

If you doubt the awesomeness I'll prove it to you: you just read it on sherdog=fact

plz

he kicked a lot of ass but he was certainly not "awesome"

tim is in league with #6-10 in the heavyweights for sure its just that he is not aesthetically pleasing to watch

Let's not kid ourselves, Sylvia would easily be a top 5 HW today

Top 10 for sure. Maybe even top 5. There are few fighter around here that are as criminally underrated as Timmeh and HW is a historically week division.

this post refelects my sentiments

HW is weak

always has been

1 dimensional mark hunt almost won the belt

tim was well rounded, smart, and BIIIIIIIIGG

Let's not forget this guy cut to 265

2dlj1a8.gif

Depends (shut up) on which version of Tim Sylvia is his prime. The most aggressive Tim that KO'ed Trey Telligman and Ricco Rodriguez was pretty scary but he left himself open. The Sylvia that outpointed AA in their snoozefest of a 3rd fight and layed on Jeff Monson probably didn't have the intestinal fortitude to win gold in this climate. All in all I'd say he do pretty shitty.

Top 15, loses to everyone in the top 10.

A prime Tim Sylvia would do alright in today's weak heavyweight division. Top 5 is realistic.

He would lose every fight available.

The sport has evolved too much. Even at HW.

Yeah I'm sure guys like Duffy, Mitrione, Black Beast, and Walt Harris (lol) have enough skill to beat him consistently. Oh wait, no.

IDK man.. I think it'd be a real shitty situation.

He could certainly hang. Tim at his best is actually underrated. He beat Arlovski twice and it isn't like Andrei turned some huge corner. I could see him beating guys like Rothwell or Overeem.

Back