• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you tell your wife

Thanks.
I am (was) an operator in a plant.
I will never find another job like this $34/hr, especially at my age (53)
The most I can find is 1/2 that, not to mention the fact I was fired.
Who wants to hire a 53 year old?

You'll take a hit unless you are a subject matter expert or have specialized training.

If you got to 34 an hour from yearly raises and never moving up at work, you'll probably have to take a paycut at the next job.

I had to report a guy who kept lighting his cigs up in the main lobby before walking out everyday. He got angry with me for it, but why the hell are you lighting your cig inside, blowing a huge puff out beside my office and walking out? The whole lobby stunk for 20 minutes after.

Too cold out? Too bad. Don't smoke then.

nicotine addiction.. you're a victim..

or you can find another job

You have been fired?
Got fired after 27 years for smoking cigs in an unauthorized area of the plant.
Actually, they put a camera up, and I got recorded smoking 3 times. Too cold to smoke outside, so I thought I'd be slick. Didn't work.
Union had a 3rd step grievance, and the company refused to budge.

Also....it will be near impossible to find another good job at my age. (plus trying to explain to a prospective employer I was fired after 27 years.

Really fucking me up.

No pity party here, but really considering ending it all.

I hurt real bad. Let down my wife.

Sorry to hear man. How are you set up for cash and emergency funds to hold you over?

Pretty fucked up you dont get a warning for that first.. going straight to firing seems excessive unless youve been warned in the past already or they made it clear its a policy that can't be broken.

You have been fired?
Actually, they put a camera up, and I got recorded smoking 3 times. Too cold to smoke outside, so I thought I'd be slick. Didn't work.

Also....it will be near impossible to find another good job at my age. (plus trying to explain to a prospective employer I was fired after 27 years.

Really fucking me up.

Ah man that sucks.. better prepare yourself for the divorce papers that are coming.

They fired TS because of poor performance, or because they can replace him with someone far cheaper.

The smoking incident was just an excuse to get it by the union. Nobody fires a good employee for frivolous crap.

What percentage of the mayberry threads are troll threads these days?

I say 100% of relationship threads, and 30% overall.
Yeah there certainly seems to be an increase in threads contemplating suicide. Which is low because we all feel obligated to treat it as real just in case.

And if the TS reads this... Just kidding bro... I completely believe you.

qn9a5Zj.jpg

Was let go without cause just over a year ago. Within 5 months I found my current job. Better pay. Better work. Better everything. Best company I've ever worked for. Hang in there. Collect unemployment for a while and wait for what comes next.

I have no practical advice TS other than to say 53 today isn't that old, I think you have a few good years left in you yet.

They still hire class1 truck drivers at 62. My dad just did that.

You have been fired?

Really fucking me up.

Man it can always be worse than this I think, it really sucks but probably best to be honest with the lady, she'll be pissed off but will eventually help you I'm sure. You'll get something else, there are a lot of jobs out there, hard to fathom after being at the same place for that long I'll bet. Godspeed Sherbro

Back