How Do You See Arlovski/Mir Going?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited for this fight for a number of reasons, but there's no question that it's probably gonna end fast. I'm leaning towards Arlovski, what about you guys?

Mir will most likely enter Zombie mode at some point

the big question will be if Arlovski brought his shotgun

I think most will pick Arlovski but you never really know with Mir. Which is why it is such a gamble in itself to put down money on him.

If there's a just and merciful god, Arlovski by 1st round KO so his Cinderella story continues.

Mir ruins everything for everyone though and he unfortunately has plenty of KO power to end Arlovski.

Arlovski could probably cruise to a decision, but he's gonna want to make a statement, and ko Mir. But he could get caught on the way in. Still probably AA by ko, though.

Silly fight to begin with. He still probably won't get the title shot regardless.

I'd say this fight almost for sure ends in a KO.

Arlovski and Mir both can't take many shots
Both have a lot of KO power (especially Arlovski)
Arlovski wants it standing
Mir's wrestling isn't good enough to take it to the ground

So yeah, this should end in a KO. Arlovski is the much better striker so he should most likely win this fight, but he could always get clipped. So I'd say like 80/20 in favor of Arlvoski

I'm pretty excited for this fight for a number of reasons, but there's no question that it's probably gonna end fast. I'm leaning towards Arlovski, what about you guys?

I'm very excited for this fight myself. Two of the the older heavyweight champs on a resurgence. It's almost sad to know one of them is going to have to lose. For some reason I have Mir in this, his hands are looking nice and he may have the chance to take it to the ground where he should have the advantage. Again, I hate to see one of these two guys lose here.

Fight starts, they bounce around a little bit, Mir moves forward but doesn't really land anything, Arlovski lands a cross, Mir is hurt and stumbling back towards the cage and Arlovski tees off until the fight is stopped.

Or Mir covers up well and lands a fight ending counter-punch.

That's all I see.

I think most will pick Arlovski but you never really know with Mir. Which is why it is such a gamble in itself to put down money on him.

Mir is basically a living embodiment of Russian roulette. Maybe you beat him, maybe he beats you, but there's only one way to find out.

He's one of those fighters you can never truly count out against anyone in the world.

Arlovski will have a speed advantage against Mir. But I think Mir will catch him with a counter and winning by TKO. Andrei fights these days like his left side is mildly paralyzed and is not that difficult to tag.

If Mir doesn't go into chicken dance survival mode early he has a chance, but I would lean more towards AA because I think he will finish Mir when he is in said chicken dance survival mode.

I want to see Mir do good again. Really wish he could get a nice streak going, but Arlovski is going to likely wreck him. Frankly, Arlovski should be getting the title-shot, but him taking a fight while he waits for werdum is cool, especially when its a low-risk fight (I just don't see mir beating him)

Wish they would give Mir someone he would cream and jump the rankings with a victory over em, like Ben Rothwell, for example

Only way I see Mir winning is if Arlovski rocks him bad and gets caught trying to finish. Both of these guys last fights were 2 of the most badass HW fights in recent memory (Browne/Andrei all-time rankings) and I can see Andrei fucking up mir real good but and getting caught dramatically (like he did against Browne) with a counter and either sloppily tko'd in a huge upset or caught in a hella epic sub lol

About 3/10 chance of that happening. 7/10 of the time Arlovski wins by being the faster, more powerful, better striker

Last edited:
I see Mir winning this. I don't think AA has the fight IQ to take care of Mir. He used to make up for that shortcoming by being so able bodied it was ridiculous but not so much anymore. Mir is smelling that title and he'll fight smart but will also be capable of fighting hurt, more so than AA.

I do hope it gets wild like Arlovski/Browne was. Mir's improved hands and footwork and willingness to stand and bang against Big Foot and Duffee add an interesting wrinkle, and Arlovski does tend to leave himself open for big shots, but I still think Arlovski drops him and gets the W.

These two are my favorite heavyweights, and I hate to see either of them lose. That said, I'm picking Mir simply because I like him slightly more. (Scientific, I know.)

50% chance Mir gets knocked out. 50% chance Arlovski gets knocked out. 100% chance someone gettin knocked the Fuck Out!

Back