How Do You See Arlovski/Mir Going?

I hate this fight. 2 guys that I have rooted for for years. 2 guys who do not need a loss on their records at this time. To be honest, the fight doesn't make much sense.

I would of gone: Arlovski VS Rothwell, and Mir VS Winner of Jordan VS Magomedov

Either way, someone is getting knocked out!

I would put my money on Mir by KO second round. Last time I had him win by KO in the first against Duffy, which gave a nice amount of money. Of course Arlovski is more dangerous than Duffy but who knows, maybe this fight will be one of those "MMA comeback stories" where an all time veteran comes back after loosing 4 fights in row and then gets a couple of nice wins, which then lands him a classic old school fight against a fellow vetaran who has also made a comeback after a 4 fight loosing streak. And then Mir would win the fight and next thing you know, he's getting another title shot for the undisputed heavy weight championship. And then all the commentators would be like "Who would have known that we would see Frank Mir fight again for the UFC belt.."

I'm pretty excited for this fight for a number of reasons, but there's no question that it's probably gonna end fast. I'm leaning towards Arlovski, what about you guys?

Arlovski knocks him out within 3 minutes if he fights smart. If he turns to that athletic, young Beastlovski, it's 50/50.

I think most will pick Arlovski but you never really know with Mir. Which is why it is such a gamble in itself to put down money on him.

So true, I feel like he is one of the hardest fighters to predict

Arlovski should get this. I've always felt AA would ko Nir if they ever fought. I just hope if AA rocks him he doesn't get sloppy and walk onto a big shot like he did in his second fight with Sylvia

gonna give mir the edge based on him taking mental notes while they trained together at jackson's in the past.
that being said, i really want arlovski to win.

If Mir wants to go in and strike, he's going to get laid out within 2 rounds at the most.

I don't see Mir being able to take Arlovski down unless he's able to go a few rounds and Arlovski slows down. But, by time Arlovski slows down, Mir will have likely slowed down, too.

We all know that if Mir can get it to the mat, he will most likely get the submission at some point. But, the problem is that Arlovski has very good TDD, he's much quicker, so he can likely move away from Frank's TD attempts quickly, and his striking is better from a technical standpoint, and also because of his speed and power.

Arlovski via KO/TKO within two, in my opinion.

I think Arlovski will destroy him in a round.

Arlovski is faster, more powerful, better technically, and hard to take down, not that Mir's a wrestler anyway. The biggest question, as usual, is Arlovski's chin. Mir has power too and is more than capable of KOing him in the first round, or even rocking and submitting him. I still think Mir has a decent chin, especially considering the punishment he's taken in his career (I'm thinking Carwin especially), but he isn't good defensively.

Unfortunately, I think there's a good chance we see a quiet fight between tentative fighters. Arlovski has had them with Sylvia, Werdum, and Schaub. Mir had one with Cro Cop. In that scenario, Arlovski has the better odds of eking out a boring decision by being a bit more active, but Mir has a better chance of landing a KO out of nowhere as seen in the Cro Cop fight.

I think either that will happen, or we'll see a round 1 KO and it could go either way.

why are the 2 h/w with the longest win streaks fighting? anyway,i see some people saying mir can sub arlovski,which i don't think anybody has done yet. mir can ko him particularly if it gets to the latter rounds,but thats the rub, mirs cardio is not great at the best of times and arlovski is quick for a big guy,plus he has insane power,this adds up to a bad match up for mir. arlovski inside of 2 rounds,unfortunately. and that wrecks another contender for the title.

You guys may think I'm crazy but I got Arlovski by via decision. I see it being a competitive fight but Arlovski getting the most of it as he's a better striker.

In likelihood of order:
AA KO

Mir KO
Mir Sub

Mir Dec
AA Dec

AA Sub

My concern is both guys have had dull, decision fights where they played it safe. Mir more rarely (Cro Cop and Nelson in particular [yes I know the Filipovic fight ended in a KO, don't pretend the 14 minutes leading up to the KO were eventful]), but it's still a distinct possibility.

Gods be good, it'll be an Arlovski knockout and he'll be one step closer to a title shot. When he beat Big Feets, Silva was ranked #4 believe it or not while AA was ranked #14 (http://www.mmamania.com/2014/9/9/61...plummets-jacare-souza-soars-eddie-alvarez-mma), and when he beat Travis Browne, Browne was ranked #3 (http://www.mmamania.com/2015/5/18/8...ght-66-frankie-edgar-pound-for-pound-list-mma), so a win over Mir (despite him being ranked tenth in the division right now) should give him the best claim to the next title shot after Werdum's next defense. A Cain rematch is frankly undeserved at this point, a JDS match should be Werdum's next fight, and Stipe Miocic lost to JDS just recently and has only won one fight since.

Tough call honestly but I got Mir by sub, 2nd round.

I think someone will get KO'd...I am just not sure who it will be...I would lean towards Arlovski winning...but only ever so slightly.

I'd like to see AA win but his chin seems close to Liddell status and Mir just needs to land one good one. Hopefully AA fights carefully and doesn't get careless and leave himself open.

Arovski KO Rd 1

Which is a but sad considering Mir would have probably destroyed him when they were originally scheduled to fight roughly 600 years ago

Weird matchmaking, don't they both train at Jackson's?

In likelihood of order:
AA KO

Mir KO
Mir Sub

Mir Dec
AA Dec

AA Sub

I think an Arlovski decision win is much more likely than a Mir one, Franks cardio really hasn't looked great in recent years whilst Arlovski hasn't shown any weakness there.

Back