How do you see 170 playing out?

usman stays champ until he fights khamzat
coby gets cut
wonderbread loses and retires

No idea. But, I want Usman to just shut his mouth and face the next guy in line. This picking and choosing and calling out people he already beat is most unchampion like. He did pretty well on Hot Ones, though. I give him respect for that.

{<huh}

After he beat Woodley he fought the rightful contender in Colby. Then fought Masvidal who was riding a hot streak. Then another rightful contender in Burns, and then a bs rematch against Masvidal, and now hes gonna fight his hardest opponent Colby again for the rematch. All in the span of like 18 months.

How is he not constantly facing the next guy in line?

Usman dominates everyone

He was already the far and away best wrestler in the division, now suddenly he has good crisp striking and a jab to dictate the range the right will play out at?

That is indeed a nightmare. Usman is 34, so I think the division is his until he starts showing age signs

Usman probably beats all of them. Colby should probably be next, but I don't think Usman wants to give him that fight, he'd much rather fight someone like Chiesa who will be much easier for him to beat. Assuming Usman vs Colby 2 happens, I see Usman winning, then facing Wonderboy after he beats Burns. Things are gonna suck for Leon Edwards in the meantime. He'll either be sitting out another 2 years, or else he'll need one more win before a title shot. Imo, Wonderboy is the only guy who deserves a title shot right now, and he's already booked against Burns. No one else has enough top wins to justify it. Leon is on a long streak, sure, but a long streak doesn't mean all that much when it isn't against the top guys in the division. Colby is still likely to give Usman the hardest fight out of anyone, but I don't see him doing any better than the first fight, especially not now that Usman's striking seems to be much improved. But who knows, maybe Colby has improved a lot too, hard to tell since we've only seen him fight Woodley.

Chiesa vs Luque
Mas vs Leon (Though Leon is just as deserving as Colby for a title shot imo, and could quite easily sit out for a bit.. But another big fight here and $$$)
Colby vs Usman
Nate vs Conor or Tony
Burns vs Wonderboy.

Wonderboy beats Burns
Usman beats Colby

Then hopefully UFC gives Wonderboy TS and I think he beats Usman.

Usman probably beats all of them. Colby should probably be next, but I don't think Usman wants to give him that fight, he'd much rather fight someone like Chiesa who will be much easier for him to beat. Assuming Usman vs Colby 2 happens, I see Usman winning, then facing Wonderboy after he beats Burns. Things are gonna suck for Leon Edwards in the meantime. He'll either be sitting out another 2 years, or else he'll need one more win before a title shot. Imo, Wonderboy is the only guy who deserves a title shot right now, and he's already booked against Burns. No one else has enough top wins to justify it. Leon is on a long streak, sure, but a long streak doesn't mean all that much when it isn't against the top guys in the division. Colby is still likely to give Usman the hardest fight out of anyone, but I don't see him doing any better than the first fight, especially not now that Usman's striking seems to be much improved. But who knows, maybe Colby has improved a lot too, hard to tell since we've only seen him fight Woodley.
Good post overall except I’m not convinced Thompson’s recent record gives him that much more of a claim than Colby orLeon.

But him fighting Usman is a fight we all would like to see.

After the big fights at Welterweight how do you see the division playing out over the next year?

Dana has said Usman vs Covington 2 is next so what does that mean for the rest of the division?

I'd like to see:
Burns vs Wonderboy
Edwards vs Lucque 2
Diaz vs Masvidal 2
Chiesa vs Muhammed

At the end of the day, Usman will be the champ for awhile...

Usman said he's not giving Colby a shot until he has a fight.
So it's likely Usman vs Leon maybe he wait to see if wonderboy wins instead.

Luque vs Chiesa are already booked ufc 265.

Wonderboy is the most deserving ww there is right now..

If your aunt had a dick and all that but he fucked up lucque and mas so there's that.. if we changed one judge (woodley, woodley, till) he'd be the defending champ until usman and would have never fought pettis..

Back