How do you see 170 playing out?

Rambo89

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
After the big fights at Welterweight how do you see the division playing out over the next year?

Dana has said Usman vs Covington 2 is next so what does that mean for the rest of the division?

I'd like to see:
Burns vs Wonderboy
Edwards vs Lucque 2
Diaz vs Masvidal 2
Chiesa vs Muhammed

At the end of the day, Usman will be the champ for awhile...

Reactions: G10
One of the most inactive divisions, not really my cup of tea unless they grow some balls and stop being women.
It's the UFC's fault for promising dudes like Masvidal, and Colby title shots months and months ahead of time

Everyone is pissed at Colby for not fighting, which I get, but these dudes aren't gonna take fights when the UFC has promised them a title shot

Reactions: G10
No idea. But, I want Usman to just shut his mouth and face the next guy in line. This picking and choosing and calling out people he already beat is most unchampion like. He did pretty well on Hot Ones, though. I give him respect for that.

Wow - no mention of the preordained GOAT - Khamzat Chimaev. I thought this guy was going to run through everyone?

I think he wants to come back in July.

Usman will beat Colby and Wonderboy will beat Burns. Depending on HOW Wonderboy wins, that will decide if he's next for Usman or if Leon Scott will be. I think Wonderboy has the advantage because Leon's win over Diaz was somewhat tepid, and he lost the fight under Stockton Rules. However, it's on Wonderboy to beat Burns with some real highlight spinning shit. Otherwise, Leon's gonna take the crack at Usman.

As for the rest of the division, I think we can now effectively count out Masvidal, Maia, and Diaz from any upcoming title contendership matches. I like the idea of Belal vs Chiesa to get one of those guys in the top 5. I think the UFC will finally get Chimaev and Magny for a fight soon, and I'll be pulling for Magny. Luque is also somewhere in the picture, so I don't know where he'll fit in, exactly. Overall, I think it's a pretty fun era for the division, as a lot of these guys are very unique.

One of the most inactive divisions, not really my cup of tea unless they grow some balls and stop being women.
Amen brother
tenor.gif

Hard to say with such an inactive top 10. But I see Usman holding that belt for a while, there's no immediate threat to him in the division.

Division of Divas.

They should should do a tournament with the top 8 imo.

This way no blabla no bullshit you fight or you shut the fuck up

At the end of the day, Usman will be the champ for awhile...

Agree. Usman’s biggest threat is a lack of genuine contenders. He smashes the whole division easy, which could impact his motivation to be properly prepared.

Division of Divas.

They should should do a tournament with the top 8 imo.

This way no blabla no bullshit you fight or you shut the fuck up
That’s actually a really good shout. Have a GP type thing going on. Doesn’t need to be one night / one weekend.

Match them all up now though, lay out a road map for semi finals and final. Think in the Us you guys call it a bracket.

As Usman Colby already guaranteed, maybe a tournament among the next 4 would be cool and could work. Winner gets next title shot.

The division is Usman's until he decides he, or his body, doesn't want it anymore.

Conor is the only wildcard IMO.

Old wrestleboxer gets taken out by young wrestleboxer, goes on dominant run, rinse and repeat. This is the way.

Back