How do you rate Miocic vs. Cormier 3 compared to kickboxing?

Both guys who come from wrestling backgrounds have better punching power and chin than the glory hw champion which is really sad
That's certainly debatable. Maybe in the chin department slightly, but I can assure you Rico is a harder puncher. He's clearly 1000% more technical with his striking regardless.

That's certainly debatable. Maybe in the chin department slightly, but I can assure you Rico is a harder puncher. He's clearly 1000% more technical with his striking regardless.
If he had better technical ability and power he wouldn't have panic wrestled against that bum he fought in his one mma fight.

If he had better technical ability and power he wouldn't have panic wrestled against that bum he fought in his one mma fight.
So we are grading Rico's striking ability on his 1 single MMA debut fight that he won rather than his 66 fight Kickboxing career? Okay...

So we are grading Rico's striking ability on his 1 single MMA debut fight that he won rather than his 66 fight Kickboxing career? Okay...
I just don't hold him in the same regard as the other hw champions in other combat sports like Fury, AJ, and Stipe. In my opinion he's facing similar competition in glory as what Wilder was facing before Luis ortiz yet Wilder was at least getting finishes every fight. He's lucky he doesn't have to face more dangerous opposition

I just don't hold him in the same regard as the other hw champions in other combat sports like Fury, AJ, and Stipe. In my opinion he's facing similar competition in glory as what Wilder was facing before Luis ortiz yet Wilder was at least getting finishes every fight. He's lucky he doesn't have to face more dangerous opposition
Jamal Ben Sadik isn't dangerous competition? May I offer you Badr Hari? Benjamin Adegbuyi, Daniel Ghita not dangerous? Those are all KO artists.

That's also not how you judge a fighters technical striking ability.

Both guys who come from wrestling backgrounds have better punching power and chin than the glory hw champion which is really sad

Good that winning fights isn't all about punching power and chin then. Besides, how can you even know for sure that they have better punching power and chin? By eye?
I'm also pretty confident that Rico would destroy both of those guys in a stand-up fight be it boxing, kickboxing or whatever else.

Stipe has dominant Croatian HW genetics like Cro Cop

I was right, Ngannou demolished Miocic.

Miocic has beaten almost no one in MMA, just old bums. Prime Dos Santos would have taken his scalp. An average Struve KOed Miocic in 2012.

Just the fake products of Dana White. Not that Ngannou is much better, but he has some qualities. Not like fatty light-heavyweights.

Jamal Ben Sadik isn't dangerous competition? May I offer you Badr Hari? Benjamin Adegbuyi, Daniel Ghita not dangerous? Those are all KO artists.

That's also not how you judge a fighters technical striking ability.
Verhoeven has beaten guys like Ghiță, Adegbuyi, Ben Saddik, Hari, even Saki, etc, who eat at breakfast the UFC roster. Let"s not compare MMA bums, aging 40, with these legends of kickboxing. You just tell me a legit win of Miocic! Or even of Ngannou.

Stipe has dominant Croatian HW genetics like Cro Cop

Cro Cop was legit! Well, if he wasn"t doped before. Let"s not compare. Cro Cop lost and won, but won prime and big opponents. Plus he lost, Dana White creates fake stars with long legacies, lol. Verhoeven was helped a bit by Glory judges and has been also lucky in some fights, but he"s legit.

Do you want names? From Rousey who is an excellent athlete but maybe not in MMA so huge, to even Anderson Silva. What did Weidman after those wins? Or what did Rockhold? Logically, none had a legacy and lost many other matches. That division wasn"t so good as of prime Velasquez and Dos Santos. They also lost because the opponency was also good, but didn"t lose entirely. Most legit is Khabib. McGregor, Velasquez, Dos Santos, etc, quite legit.

When Dana needs, he creates fake legacies and fake stars. Now thinking how can Adesanya be such a star in the UFC, then he loses to a poor Polish... If he keeps losing, I"ll think his position was very poor!

I like the American organization of things in most of the fields, but if Dana pushes this and with the MMA not growing in the world, it will always be an "American" sport. Like the American football. NFL. Boxing/kickboxing are global. It will simply be legit because of the contested level.

In stand up fighting it"s easier to outbox. See Schilt, was not very good in MMA. Ghiță, Hari, Ben Saddik and Adegbuyi are big strikers, even Londt, Zimmerman, etc (Cătinaș if you want).

Boxing/kickboxing, you can take decisions even in the HW division. When the athletes are equal.

MMA is projected for KO in the HW especially.

Last edited:
I don't think Francis crushing Miocic proves anything. He did lose to him before when he was green. Francis is a beast and would likely knock out a lot of HW Kickboxers and could easily be in the top 5 of Kickboxing if not 3 if he was in this sport instead.

Imagine ragging on another sport in the sub section that has nothing to do with it. Pathetic as usual.

Haven't a lot of older fighters been doing fairly well in HW kickboxing for a while now? I don't understand this hate on MMA HW lacking talent. It does, but you could definitely argue kickboxing's most productive generations are gone.

Haven't a lot of older fighters been doing fairly well in HW kickboxing for a while now? I don't understand this hate on MMA HW lacking talent. It does, but you could definitely argue kickboxing's most productive generations are gone.

The heavyweight division in kickboxing is the weakest division in the sport so i'm also baffled. Really this thread is just someone who doesn't like MMA telling everyone how bad it is instead of you know... just enjoying kickboxing... like this sub section is for...

This thread is no different to when you watch a youtube video about a dog playing with a kid and someone comments "I don't like dogs" like why the hell are you even watching this then? Go watch stuff you like instead.

Last edited:
I don't think Francis crushing Miocic proves anything. He did lose to him before when he was green. Francis is a beast and would likely knock out a lot of HW Kickboxers and could easily be in the top 5 of Kickboxing if not 3 if he was in this sport instead.
If you go toe-to-toe. In my opinion he is not a very smart MMA artist, before I really enjoyed Velasquez and prime Dos Santos. Miocic may have expired though, because Ngannou was all over him.

I am more disappointed Gustaffson lost to a 42-year old Werdum.

To be honest maybe I am not ultra-fair to Miocic, who is 38 these days. I can"t believe Adegbuyi is 36 years old, but at least he didn"t have a career a long career starting kickboxing when he was 24 or 25! To be hair, I don"t think Badr Hari will fight very much more.

If you had a long career, for example some start in their youth, hardly you do good after 36. I am not a fan of Wlad Klitschko, and I do think Vitali was way better (with doping probably or not, I"m not sure, still he was a legit 2nd tier in a much greater era), but Wlad would have defeated Joshua if he wouldn"t have got older. At least Verhoeven, Ben Saddik and Adegbuyi didn"t test themselves against the K-1 generations, I mean Aerts and Co. First 2 were too young...

Povetkin is also bye-bye.

Last edited:
UFC HW level is horrible in term of pure skills but also visually.
Anyway, kickboxing also lost a lot since K1 died.

I think it is a bad time for all around fighting sports. Glad I enjoyed the golden age.

Femi is the biggest fraud out there. Got knocked out by an obese guy.
I don’t know about Stipe because mma is garbage but from what I saw on Saturday rico would eat him alive.
Fury is a doper so he doesn’t count .

Femi is the biggest fraud out there. Got knocked out by an obese guy.
I don’t know about Stipe because mma is garbage but from what I saw on Saturday rico would eat him alive.
Fury is a doper so he doesn’t count .
Rico got knocked out by Errol Zimmerman which is worse and nearly got koed by a washed up badr hari

Ruiz is a top level fighter too lol. And in boxing which is a lot more competitive than kickboxing
I wouldn’t say it is a lot more competitive.
Who has Ruiz beat?
Femi - he’s a body builder not a boxer
He beat Joseph Parker but Parker loses when he steps up

Back