How do you rate Miocic vs. Cormier 3 compared to kickboxing?

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would say compared to Adegbuyi vs. Hari, Miocic vs. Cormier 3 is a very poor fight.

I am really shocked, and they fight in tents, in both UFC and Bellator. Cormier even looks totally out of shape, obese and old. Miocic not really something special. Miocic has limited power compared to the elite of kickboxing, not to mention also former guys like Ghiță and Zimmerman.

MMA is in a really bad shape, Glory has Verhoeven, Ben Saddik, Adegbuyi, Hari, Khbabez, Cătinaș, Wilnis, Marshall, Rigters, even Plazibat and Mahieddine. There are also Kryklia, Londt, Stoica brothers, El Bouni, Aygun and others in ONE Championship.

Both of those guys would destroy Adegbuyi and Hari in an MMA fight. It's a different sport, and DC has always been chubby and he IS old and he retired after this fight.

Both of those guys would destroy Adegbuyi and Hari in an MMA fight. It's a different sport, and DC has always been chubby and he IS old and he retired after this fight.

I am only analyzing their stand-up efforts. This is a really poor fight. Though you are right with being a different sport.

I am just saying right now the heavyweight kickboxers look much better, I mean the division is strong compared to MMA. And in the UFC they also have a problem with their age, plus nothing is coming from behind. BUT THE PROBLEM OF UFC IS GENERAL!!!

Funny, HW KB has re-invented itself. And Dana will have major problems now in the UFC to lie the fans.

WHY DID UFC EVEN NEED A 3RD FIGHT BETWEEN THESE TWO? And imagine 2 years ago Miocic was KOed by Cormier.

Happy Cormier is retired now, a very shocking last display and a poor championship bout. He was fighting "oezdemirs" in "performances of the night" last years..

I am only analyzing their stand-up efforts. This is a really poor fight. Though you are right with being a different sport.

I am just saying right now the heavyweight kickboxers look much better, I mean the division is strong compared to MMA. And in the UFC they also have a problem with their age, plus nothing is coming from behind.

Funny, HW KB has re-invented itself. And Dana will have major problems now in the UFC to lie the fans.

WHY DID UFC EVEN NEED A 3RD FIGHT BETWEEN THESE TWO?
I was fine with the third fight. DC KO'ed Stipe quickly in the first fight, and was lighting Stipe up in the second fight for multiple rounds until Stipe started crushing DC to the body. 1-1, not many contenders, the fight made sense. Sure a hell of a lot better than the Arlovski vs Sylvia crap we had to deal with 15 years ago.

The HW division in MMA has always been fairly shallow, sometimes better than others. I think the same is true for Kickboxing, although Kickboxing probably had the longest best stretch of a competitive HW division in K-1's heyday.

RIght now I think both sports are fairly equal for HW, although I'd prefer to watch the Kickboxers.

Snub, stand-up is also part of the MMA fighting.

I have Dutch friends who think Overeem has re-invented himself in the UFC. When he"s only the shadow of the K-1 WGP (when he won). He lost by KO to Rozenstruik, ON HANDS, formerly a Superkombat jobber. Rozenstruik average kickboxer, but wouldn"t have even smelled the K-1 Final 16 level at least, otherwise the Surinamese pretty nice guys. Especially from Milton Felter.

Just saying, Rozenstruik couldn"t have changed so much, he was a slow and average kickboxer. Oezdemir was a poor kickboxer. Adesanya, great athlete, but in his No 1 sport aka kickboxing wasn"t really the best. In the UFC he now holds a legacy. Maybe though the divisions are also poor generally.

I think the HW division in UFC is absolutely trash compared to KB.

I also think the other nations are penetrating now into the MMA because there is a big issue with this sport in the US. MMA is not expanded at all in Europe, considered as being violent, plus in Asia basically they have just started with the beginning. And there still is no real talent from the ONE.

Stand up and striking is still enough in MMA.

Snub, stand-up is also part of the MMA fighting.

I have Dutch friends who think Overeem has re-invented himself in the UFC. When he"s only the shadow of the K-1 WGP (when he won). He lost by KO to Rozenstruik, ON HANDS, formerly a Superkombat jobber. Rozenstruik average kickboxer, but wouldn"t have even smelled the K-1 Final 16 level at least, otherwise the Surinamese pretty nice guys. Especially from Milton Felter.

Just saying, Rozenstruik couldn"t have changed so much, he was a slow and average kickboxer. Oezdemir was a poor kickboxer. Adesanya, great athlete, but in his No 1 sport aka kickboxing wasn"t really the best. In the UFC he now holds a legacy. Maybe though the divisions are also poor generally.

I think the HW division in UFC is absolutely trash compared to KB.

I also think the other nations are penetrating now into the MMA because there is a big issue with this sport in the US. MMA is not expanded at all in Europe, considered as being violent, plus in Asia basically they have just started with the beginning. And there still is no real talent from the ONE.

Stand up and striking is still enough in MMA.

And Saki got KO'd in MMA against someone who just started training Muat Thai a few months before.

MMAth doest work, its a totally different sport. Hari would get finished quick in a MMA fight against Cormier and Cormier would get finished quick against Hari in a kickboxing fight.

2 wrestlers going toe to toe in MMA isn't going to look aesthetically pleasing to a kickboxing fan hoping to see high class stand up in a MMA fight

I fight I re watched the other day that is a fun stand up fight, was barboza vs hooker, if you want to see 2 guys with good stand up

I still think MMA talent pool is bigger than the Kickboxing talent pool, but I wonder if any MMA guy could go into Kickboxing or Muay thai (70 kg and under) and go 20-0 undefeated, like Adesanya did. Maybe if they cherry pick their opponents. In kickboxing Adesanya would have a good chance of beating every top guy at his division, but they would probably also beat him. If Alex Pereira stops fighting at 85 kg, then it might be the easiest division to dominate in. In Muay Thai it's even tougher, to reach P4P level, they would have to fight almost every month and come out on top in most of their fights.

I would say compared to Adegbuyi vs. Hari, Miocic vs. Cormier 3 is a very poor fight.

I am really shocked, and they fight in tents, in both UFC and Bellator. Cormier even looks totally out of shape, obese and old. Miocic not really something special. Miocic has limited power compared to the elite of kickboxing, not to mention also former guys like Ghiță and Zimmerman.

MMA is in a really bad shape, Glory has Verhoeven, Ben Saddik, Adegbuyi, Hari, Khbabez, Cătinaș, Wilnis, Marshall, Rigters, even Plazibat and Mahieddine. There are also Kryklia, Londt, Stoica brothers, El Bouni, Aygun and others in ONE Championship.

You don't know what you're talking about.

It's only a "poor fight" if you don't know what you're watching. It's a fight between 2 wrestlers who chose to fight standing up because both knew their opponent's wrestling was so good it's not even worth trying to take him down.

These guys don't look special? Yeah, I guess if you're watching MMA for the first time, they're not gonna look special since they are wrestling experts and not kickboxing experts. However, throw in there a kickboxer who's only trained kickboxing and the guy would get finished in under 1 round. Cormier and Miocic don't need to look special, they ARE special.

You don't know what you're talking about.

It's only a "poor fight" if you don't know what you're watching. It's a fight between 2 wrestlers who chose to fight standing up because both knew their opponent's wrestling was so good it's not even worth trying to take him down.

These guys don't look special? Yeah, I guess if you're watching MMA for the first time, they're not gonna look special since they are wrestling experts and not kickboxing experts. However, throw in there a kickboxer who's only trained kickboxing and the guy would get finished in under 1 round. Cormier and Miocic don't need to look special, they ARE special.

The fight was incredibly poor, I don"t know what"s special in Cormier and especially Miocic. And here Cormier was in worst shape of his life. Ok, he has this issue but don"t let him fight for the crown. I respect Cormier though, just that he"s not a huge fighter. Maybe for Dana, who sells donuts.

Fine, if you want to lie yourself, soon Tony Johnson and Volkov will fight for the UFC"s belt: :))

- Verhoeven
- Ben Saddik
- Adegbuyi
- Hari
- Wilnis
- Rigters
- Cătinaș
- Khbabez
- Plazibat
- Marshall
- Mahieddine
- Kryklia
- Londt
- Aygun
- Andrei Stoica
- Bogdan Stoica
- El Bouni
- Kwasi
- Samedov

VS.

- Miocic
- Ngannou
- Blaydes
- "Rozenstruik"
- shadow Overeem
- "Ciryl Gane"
- "Volkov"
- grandpa dos Santos
- "Oliynyk"
- some "Blagoi"
- some poor Polish "Tybura"
- Moldovan "Spivak", hahahaha
- more than a grandpa, Arlovski

Disaster of a division in MMA.

zimmerman just fought.

He's only 34. But yes, please tell me about how bad cormier looks at 41.

This is the shadow of Zimmerman, please check his record. Check the real Bonecrusher, Zimmerman will probably retire due to injuries and is fighting now like a bum losing to the worst opponents:

Zimmerman still lost twice to Ghiță by KO and failed to become a champion anywhere, but in prime he was over the level of any Heavyweight now in UFC. I would say Cormier is interesting, but stop overrating him so much.

Gustafsson was a very overrated fighter. Seeing now Cormier won the belt by defeating Oezdemir and Tony "Hamburger" Johnson, this is unreal.

Oezdemir was nothing than a poor kickboxer, Rozenstruik average who lost by KO to any top kickboxer, and Tony Johnson on stand-up rules lost in 1st round to a 4th-tier Polish.

Contradict me, 1 on 1 on stand-up rules, not on the ground! What? Punching and striking is not important for the MMA "artists"? The difference is huge in favor of kickboxing. Not to mention in the US you have the boxing, you could use it well.

When the level of stand-up fighting is so poor in the UFC, I can"t take it seriously. And Adesanya is dominating it like crazy, he"s not even a MMA fighter... Saki is a noob on the ground, maybe you want now the kickboxers to learn MMA, but in fact stand-up fighting is part of the both sports!

I still think MMA talent pool is bigger than the Kickboxing talent pool, but I wonder if any MMA guy could go into Kickboxing or Muay thai (70 kg and under) and go 20-0 undefeated, like Adesanya did. Maybe if they cherry pick their opponents. In kickboxing Adesanya would have a good chance of beating every top guy at his division, but they would probably also beat him. If Alex Pereira stops fighting at 85 kg, then it might be the easiest division to dominate in. In Muay Thai it's even tougher, to reach P4P level, they would have to fight almost every month and come out on top in most of their fights.

Not at all, I have just posted the Heavyweight pool. The HW division in Kickboxing is reborn. UFC roster is very, very short, plus they can"t even sign more fighters because they"re all crap.

Bellator as talent has been never even close to Superkombat. Leave alone much greater It"s Showtime!

It"s all overrated American crap, dependent ON AMERICA ONLY. Plus Brazil.

MMA is a non-expanded sport in the world, Europeans and Asians penetrating now into UFC means the Americans and the Brazilians are at a very bad level and there is huge lack of good fighters. I totally know the poor level in European MMA, but also in ONE and Asia. Besides Russia, nobody really gives a fuck about this sport in Europe. Sure, there are practitioners, but they are noobs.

Sure France goes to MMA because they have started to be crap in kickboxing. I haven"t seen a Swedish kickboxer since almost 2 decades now, and Moldova in MMA is really poor (well, not in this poor European MMA).

Simply you can"t compare the number of practitioners from kickboxing to MMA. MMA is crap outside the America. Besides Russia, but Russia is also not huge, currently in any fighting sport. I think they probably still do the best in boxing. Russian boxers are good.

If you think professional boxing is dead in the US, I would rather watch boxing than MMA. And I still think both are crap right now. I used to be a huge boxing fan.

I am amazed by the Americans that they don"t migrate to kickboxing. Is it so important to see mediocre Americans winning titles in MMA? Moreover, your Americans are disappearing in the UFC.

If Derrick Lewis is the future of UFC, I will retreat myself. He"s even more crappier than Ngannou. He lost to a pensioner like dos Santos. I was huge fan of Cain Velasquez and even dos Santos a bit. At least Cormier knows when to retire. Blaydes, another "huge" heavyweight. :)) Winning poor fucks like Omielanczuk, Oleinik and all those "elephants". No wonder Mark Hunt retired decades ago in K-1 "impressed" in MMA!

Sure, the UFC heavweights of very old age, still have the puncher"s chance. But in fact they barely move. And this Overeem, he hasn"t invented himself lately in UFC, he"s just a shadow of the fighter he was in K-1. And yeah, like you said, Zimmerman lost to a 3rd tier Serbian. Could easily also fight in the UFC, against Arlovski for example. Arlovski is like 60 years old, and fought in prime 40 years ago.

Why didn"t Dana retire these elephants? Simply because MMA has no roster. And because they are slow as fuck and hugely far from their primes, but they still have the chance of the punchers.

Last edited:
Would I still watch Ghiță, Samedov and others in GLORY? Probably yes. Would I still watch Zimmerman and even Gerges? Probably not. Well, at least Gerges could still be on a decent level, but he"s also going down big.

Additionally, Saki has been dealing with injuries since years now and is not impressive anymore.

I would definitely not watch kickboxing with Zimmerman, Aerts and Bonjasky. Leko and even Mo are not even in discussion because they are currently disasters. Mo as a MMA artist as name, would have probably still fought in the UFC.

So if you want watching UFC in kickboxing, you can do it on 8th of May 2021! LeBanner is retired anyway. I will watch this event surely, but it would be crazy to see them in Glory ("UFC"):

ELEPHANTS LEAGUE IS WRITTEN ON "HEAVYWEIGHT" UFC, is Bellator changed after Johnson, Volkov, Mo and all the bums? Mo lost to Lungu in Romania in his Bellator times by KO in 15 seconds.

So let me laugh at Dana selling donuts because I have big reasons. It is really laughable. Just do something UFC to milk some talent! MMA should have woken up 1 decade ago and they have done nothing.

There are ingredients to see a death sport, MMA, in the United States.

Rp5ruVw.png

Last edited:
Why are you writing about the UFC as if they didn't just have their best year ever during a global pandemic? And it doesn't matter if a star is American or not, if Americans are interested in watching them fight, they will do so. Which country do you think Conor McGregor has been a bigger financial boon to, America or Ireland?

It is sad what became of the old guard: Schilt immediately retired after some heart complications, Bonjasky was not able to kick from 2013 and he was just a shadow of his former self. Aerts and JBL were one of the few who aged well in the sport. Meaning that they were able to compete till late and eventually stopped after the age of 40. Ernesto is 65 Years old, can you imagine??

It is sad what became of the old guard: Schilt immediately retired after some heart complications, Bonjasky was not able to kick from 2013 and he was just a shadow of his former self. Aerts and JBL were one of the few who aged well in the sport. Meaning that they were able to compete till late and eventually stopped after the age of 40. Ernesto is 65 Years old, can you imagine??
Not really sad just natural. Remmy also had an eye issue that could have resulted in blindness if he kept competing.

Nothing stops the kickboxers coming to MMA and make more money, since the competition would be so weak.
Adesanya did it!

tumblr_pceu7crHRM1xxavtvo1_500.gifv

So you struggle to see how a MMA guy could go into KB or MT at 70kg or under and go 20-0 and then use a 85kg guy who did it from KB to MMA as an example that the opposite is possible?
If anything it's even more likely to have a 85kg MMA fighter go to KB and dominate there and I can't think of a kickboxer or nak muay who could go to MMA at 70kg or under and become a 20-0 champ there either.

So you struggle to see how a MMA guy could go into KB or MT at 70kg or under and go 20-0 and then use a 85kg guy who did it from KB to MMA as an example that the opposite is possible?
If anything it's even more likely to have a 85kg MMA fighter go to KB and dominate there and I can't think of a kickboxer or nak muay who could go to MMA at 70kg or under and become a 20-0 champ there either.
I'm not saying it is possible now; I have no idea. But in hindsight, it must have been possible at some point, since he did it.

I think it should be noted that Adesanya had only THREE Kickboxing fights before his first MMA fight. He's been essentially competing in both sports his whole career. He's basically the Overeem exception. It's not like he had a long career in one sport then transitioned after and made it look easy, he's been an MMA fighter.

Both guys who come from wrestling backgrounds have better punching power and chin than the glory hw champion which is really sad

Back