How do you rate JDS vs. Cain II?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So I thought it was an entertaining fight where both fighters showed a ton of heart. However, they both gassed almost immediately and were in slow-mo, sloppy mode by the 2nd round. I think the punch from Cain screwed JDS big time as he never recovered similar to Couture vs. Sylvia, although Sylvia wasn't as hurt after the 1st round it set the tone for the rest of the fight. I think Cain gassed because he wore himself out attempting to finish JDS in the 1st. And before anyone says anything, I know they are HWs, they aren't going to have the gas tanks of LWs.

So, how do you rate the JDS vs. Cain II fight?

I expected much more from this fight as well as the entire card, even though I did not have to pay to see this fight PPV because she spent on open TV in Brazil, the unique struggles that were liked Wineland vs. Pickett and Lauzon vs. Miller

Its very hard to have cardio at HW, cain did good by hitting junior early and it seized the fight for him, but I think it was kind of lucky, and Cigano had some sort of brain fart where he didnt care for punches at all, only TDs, and it ended up costing him.

I think this fight was a major fluke

one sided, unexpected, gassing hard
5/10

Its very hard to have cardio at HW, cain did good by hitting junior early and it seized the fight for him, but I think it was kind of lucky, and Cigano had some sort of brain fart where he didnt care for punches at all, only TDs, and it ended up costing him.

A fluke? GTFO.

I give it a 7 out of 10. A finish would've been nice.

The main card was lackluster except the main and co-main. Event as a whole was pretty decent.

JDS went tunnel vision against those TDs and left himself open to shots....

Thats some stupid game plan right there, not using his jitz was a mistake also IMo, too much gas just to get up after all that beating....

I believe he can do much much better strategy-wise, but Cain deserved.... I just dont think he'll hold gold for too long :S

Yeah your location says it all..

I enjoyed round 1 and 2 due to how shocking it was but then stopped enjoying it from round 3 onwards as it was so blatant that JDS was done.

6/10.

Cain smothered him and gave him a pretty good beating but it surely wasnt pretty... JDS looked like a slow and really got grapple F'ed hard.. Cain while winning made GSP look like the most entertaining fighter in the UFC... Long live Fedor ..A prime fedor wipes the floor with these guys.

No you GTFO, it was a Serraesque fluke by cain

Was the first fight a fluke as well? If your answer is a yes then neither of them deserve the gold. If it's a no then you can GTFO.

haha , brazilian nuthuggers

I expected much more from this fight as well as the entire card, even though I did not have to pay to see this fight PPV because she spent on open TV in Brazil, the unique struggles that were liked Wineland vs. Pickett and Lauzon vs. Miller

Glad you did not have to pay for it.

The fight was a 4 or 5 out of 10.

Too one sided, both gassed by the third, not technical, just clinching on the fence.

No you GTFO, it was a Serraesque fluke by cain

lol a solid 25 minute fluke were jds looked totally outmatched? also everyone keeps screaming how hard the both gassed to be a hw cain looked fine most of the way through round 4. now junior was obviously tired and beaten down like 3 minutes into the fight.

to call a 25 minute beatdown a fluke and the guy that landed one punch 60 secs in the first round the real champ. if anything jds serrad cain and he came back just like gsp.

Back