How do you guys think prime Chuck vs prime Wand would have gone in Pride in 03?

Agent Mulder's Hair

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We all know what happened when they eventually fought. But what if they'd met in 2003? What do you think? I gotta say, this was always my most anticipated matchup, even more than Fedor/Cro Cop.

Still to this day I think these are the 2 most evenly matched badasses of all time, whose primes were at the same time. They were both destroyers and they were both the faces of their rival promotions.

I personally think Chuck still was a bad matchup for Wand and he would've just out toughed him and busted him up eventually. But who knows? What do you think?

Last edited:
whoevers chin gave up first

and if it somehow went to the cards id bet on wand since he was a more active fighter.

I would still favor chuck but I think it's really, really close.

In a ring? with stomps and soccer kicks?

Chuck was more hittable back in '03. He would have been out cold.

Wand would have gone “here’s Johnny” on him for the flawless victory

Both guys were awesome but I gotta say I think Chuck had the better chin in their primes. And that would be a huge factor.

Was thinking the same thing. Wandy had crazy offensive output but his chin was never the best even during his prime.

Chucks chin in his prime was very solid

Chuck would get lit up with a barrage of punches, put against the ropes, take a knee or two and then go down and get finished with a few foot stomps or soccer kicks. I am guessing around 8 mins of round 1.

When you consider tito and belfort beat prime wandy and Chuck had no difficulty with either of them in this case mma math would lean towards Chuck

This might be the most evenly matched fight of all time it's crazy

I'd bet money Fedor and Cro Cop were both watching from their respective couches in Russia and Croatia watching this fight just wanting to see who'd take it

6sq9lvp.gif

Please don't make me bring up Rampage

MMAth doesn't work

Chuck and rampage have completely different styles

Chuck was a counter puncher. Rampage is not.

Stylistically Chuck would have blasted wandy coming in with his blitz offense

Rampage was way too aggressive with wandy in their first two fights and he paid for it.

Remember when Chuck dropped vitor at UFC 37.5 when he pushed forward trying to blitz?

Back