How do you deal with negative remarks?

Michael13

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I, unfortunately, am the kind of person that only remembers the bad things people have said about me and never the good stuff.

I still remember teachers at school telling me i'll never achieve anything and those comments have made me doubt myself in future scenarios.

Are you the same or can you just brush it off and never think of it again?

why worry about something someone said to you? does that person know you very well or at all? are you what they're saying?

as i got older i cared less and less about what people think and preferred just speaking my mind when needed, whatever anyone said after that is their business not mine.

I, unfortunately, am the kind of person that only remembers the bad things people have said about me and never the good stuff.

I still remember teachers at school telling me i'll never achieve anything and those comments have made me doubt myself in future scenarios.

That’s all I remember too, but now I just don’t care anymore. Keeps me humble and always trying.

I try to forgive them in my mind and forgive myself for feeling shitty about what they said.

Once forgiveness is achieved I kill them all in cold blood without any emotion getting in the way.

Is this a cutting thread..?

Everybody wants to have a say in whatever. But if you something negative about me and it is not constructive I give less of a fuck about it. Some people like to tear people down but down like to get torn themselves. Fuck it do you people will always have some shit to say.

I just try to prove people wrong, my entire life people have said I look weak, gay, pretty. I used to have a serious chip on my shoulder, I just like teaching people not to judge a book by it's cover.

It’s called growing up and not caring what people have to say about you.

I see it as this.

That person is trying to let you down, so why let them win? They are dragging you into a game that you don't realize. That game's objective is to get you to play with them. All you have to do is bite their bait, and they win.

Negative remarks are nothing but objectives to put you down. So when you see someone trying to put you down, realize it and do the opposite. I see that they are trying to hurt me, so I don't let them and I deny taking them seriously.

The only way to win this is to not play the game, and base your whole life on not doing anything because people made negative remarks to or about you. I never include the people who tried to let me down in my successes.

I hate it when people say, "this is to all the people who said I couldn't make it." or anyone who addresses their "haters".

Don't give credit to those assholes, them being wrong isn't the point, you're giving them credit for something you did on your own. They're going to feel a sense of accomplishment, knowing they got to you.

Never let the shitty people in the world hurt you. Fuck words. They're only letters put together to make sentences, that are put together that make paragraphs, that turn into what, something you're required to feel emotions about? You can choose.

id be lying if i said negative remarks had zero effect on me....IF they were made by people I care about to some degree

when someone, who i give a shit about, makes a negative remark about me, i pause to see if what they are saying has any truth or weight to it. If they are pointing out something which I can recognize is a bad trait or behavior then i try to fix that in myself or figure out why it bothers that person

if their remark is patently false or inaccurate, i want to clarify that with them
if their negative remark is simply an expression of how they FEEL about an aspect of my life from which no trouble is caused on others, then that is on them and their problem (example: my liberal college aged cousin hates the fact that i enjoy MMA and such......but that is a non issue to me and one of my hobbies where i dont bother anyone or harm people, so fuck her in this instance, LOL)

the less fucks you give, the happier you are. be a selfish self centered cunt and its smooth sailing

Throughout my life I've hung around friends that constantly clowned me and we'd make fun of each other constantly. Growing up with this and constantly bashing one another, you quickly realize how everyone has faults and to not take yourself serious.

Also as I get older I just care less about what people think. They don't affect my life in the end, it's just bs they're spewing.

don't put so much faith into what others think or feel about you, perhaps the first and biggest step towards producing a high self esteem

once you have that, it becomes extremely easy to immediately dismiss the input of others

I repeat what they said in a funny voice. Sometimes I beat my chest with one hand as I do it and make weird eyebrows.

Sometimes it hurts, initially, when people are cruel or mean or inconsiderate with their words but you gotta figure there's something inside of them that just needs to be that way, and I can't begrudge that. Sometimes you just want to be ugly for the sake of being ugly, or maybe you got a little dick who am I to judge? The point is nasty people don't know any other way, or maybe they just don't want to know. Generally speaking as nasty as they might seem, in their minds the world is even nastier to them. Entangle yourself at your own risk. Not many can disengage gracefully but gets smoother with practice. Whether you react well or poorly, if you embrace your truth you'll cope more quickly.

I don't hear negative things a lot or really ever. If I did it wouldn't bother me since it's so rare that it happens.

Feel free to tell me how poor my sentence structure is or something. I can handle it.

People will only say to you what they feel about themselves. Most people are unhappy with their lives, therefore they want to drag you down to their unhappiness so they can feel good about the choices they have made in their life.

I have the mentality of a winner, and what people say or think about me negatively, only reinforces the idea that I'm doing something better than them. Also try to look at the good side in people, if they only say negative things, they are probably struggling in life, wish them well, and move on.

Back