How do you deal with negative remarks?

I, unfortunately, am the kind of person that only remembers the bad things people have said about me and never the good stuff.

I still remember teachers at school telling me i'll never achieve anything and those comments have made me doubt myself in future scenarios.

Are you the same or can you just brush it off and never think of it again?
I’m the same but the older I get I find myself blocking stuff out. I think to myself that life is too short worrying about idle matters.

My dad basically used up most of my tolerance for negative remarks, I tend to go too far when responding to someone making me feel shitty
I’m not saying that I don’t put up with anything and I’m mr cool, I’m Admitting that I think it made me a lesser person in my reactions at times

I didn’t think this thread was going to make me feel this shitty about myself

I cri evrytiem

My dad basically used up most of my tolerance for negative remarks, I tend to go too far when responding to someone making me feel shitty
I’m not saying that I don’t put up with anything and I’m mr cool, I’m Admitting that I think it made me a lesser person in my reactions at times

I didn’t think this thread was going to make me feel this shitty about myself
You sound stoopid, you moran.

Nobody talks about to me. Not really something I need to worry about.

I just try to prove people wrong, my entire life people have said I look weak, gay, pretty. I used to have a serious chip on my shoulder, I just like teaching people not to judge a book by it's cover.
upload_2018-1-9_14-24-19-png.322741

You seriously don't help yourself.

Ya, I can see that, when you’re a nobody, you don’t have to worry about things like that

Exactly, I basically just do my thing and live my life. I don’t go around pretending to be anything I’m not so why would. Anybody fuck with me?

Exactly, I basically just do my thing and live my life. I don’t go around pretending to be anything I’m not so why would. Anybody fuck with me?
if you act the same way in life as you do in this thread, I could see a lot of people fucking with you
And I’ll bet my last dollar you wouldn’t do shit

if you act the same way in life as you do in this thread, I could see a lot of people fucking with you
And I’ll bet my last dollar you wouldn’t do shit

Bet all you want. You’re an idiot who’s opinion is meaningless.

When I started working I wondered why all the guys I work with were assholes to everyone. Took me awhile but I finally get it. If you're not these motherfuckers will call you nonstop for every little problem in their lives.

What do you mean by "Negative remarks"?

Constructive criticism or petty insults?

If it was the former, I'd consider it to try and improve myself, esp. in performing at work.

If those are just petty insults, i just brush it off.

I don't really care about what teachers, ex-booses, or strangers said about me. It's usually my peers such as friends and coworkers, and family that bothers me.

It's tough. To appreciate the sweetest things in life, you have to be open enough that you're subjected to all that bullshit.

There's a 99% chance I'm way more successful and smarter than the shit talkers, so I try to keep that in mind.

Back