1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

How do tapout shorts fit?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Nickuraba, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Nickuraba

Nickuraba Ground St. Pound

This is a question about the long shorts. Right now I'm a little chubby and i'm 5'9 with a 38" waist. MY fight in october is at 170 and by then I'll have my waist down to at least 36". So my question to you all is, would I need to order a 36" or 34" being that they kind of look elastic. I wouldn't want them hanging off of me, but then again I dont want to be bulging out of them. The main thing that worries me about a 34 is the way the legs would fit. I dont want them to be tight where it would effect my kicking or mobility on the ground. Anyway, if anybody can help me with this, I'd appreciate it. I need to order these soon since my fight is in October.

2. stu3ufc**

stu3ufc** Yoshihiro Akiyama

I had a 34"short and I was a 32 waist - really good fit- the draw string is elastic- stretchey. If you were to get a 36 Im sure they would they would fit you ok.

Good luck in your fight nickuraba

3. 1rep_max

1rep_max White Belt

Here is my experience:

I'm about 34'' waist in normal pants (but usually wear 36'' with a belt). Bought Truth board shorts in 36'' - couldn't get them over my hips - exchanged for 40'' and had to take the waist in about 2'' (don't get me wrong, great shorts!). Fit fine now.

Bought HCK board shorts in 40'' and took the waist in - fit fine.

Bought 36'' Tapout long shorts - fit perfect (for me) as is.

I think most people say that Tapouts fit a bit large, meaning you should be able to order your actual size or a size under.

4. Nickuraba

Nickuraba Ground St. Pound

Well I know the drawstring will fit my waist ok at 34, but I just dont want a tight fit on my legs. I'm not kevin randleman by any means, but I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't fit me like my long shorts from FCF did(size medium). I'll probably go with a 34.

5. SSF

SSF SSFgear.com

If you wear a 34 pants then order a 34 Tapout shorts. They are a little loose to begin with. Unless your legs are super big there should be any problems.

www.SSFgear.com

6. Mark Allen

Mark Allen Enforcer

nothing as loose as tapout shorts, i have several pair and they look like freakin' pantaloons or something. My opinion is they are a crappy fit.