How do I put on an fg 5000?

I just got my fg 5000 silver and green winning headgear and I'm starting to think I got it in a size too small. I use the fg 2900 in large, but my coach told me to get my next headgear in medium. so I did, now my headgear is either too small, or I'm doing something wrong.

My forehead absolutely aches if I have this thing on for 30 seconds. I got punched lightly in the face with it and the chin strap sortve chokes me if the headgear moves back. the headgear also makes no contact with my cheeks, just my forehead. also it's extremely stiff, everything about it is stiff as a rock.

the main thing is, can somebody explain how to put this thing on without having so much pressure against my forehead?

I used to own the old 20oz fg5000 in a size large, i up graded to the new model 15oz in the same size large and it was to small hurt my face like hell. I think it is down to the frame of the new model being a little different inside hugs your face a little more than the old one . I exchanged mine for a 2Large and it fits perfect now, so IMO id get the next size up from your last model e.g if you was i medium go for a large, & save your self the time exchanging it.

I used to own the old 20oz fg5000 in a size large, i up graded to the new model 15oz in the same size large and it was to small hurt my face like hell. I think it is down to the frame of the new model being a little different inside hugs your face a little more than the old one . I exchanged mine for a 2Large and it fits perfect now, so IMO id get the next size up from your last model e.g if you was i medium go for a large, & save your self the time exchanging it.

What's your head size? I own fg2900 size L that fits perfect. I got it 2 years ago. Now considering fg5000. Shall I go for 2L ?

does your 2900 have wiggle room?

It's very very snug. Never moved while sparring. My ears seem to be in the right place. My head is 60cm.

2013-04-01%2020.35.51.jpg

2013-04-01%2020.48.11.jpg

Last edited:
It's very very snug. Never moved while sparring. My ears seem to be in the right place. My head is 60cm.

Well. Just looked at my ears. For the first time ever. It looks in 2L ears would be slightly better placed I gues.

What is the circumference of your head?

23,5 inch

I'm wearing 2900 in size L at the pictures above. It's very snug, even tight on my chick bones. I'm at exact boarder between L and 2L, but I never tried 5000 on, so not sure which would fit better. The tighter or the looser one?

Looking at the back of my head it seems that 2L would still have plenty room for adjustment with the laces.

Both will fit. The FG5000 will fit like the 2900 but is just heavier.

Anyone else have issues with the bar hitting your nose? I think mine might be too small. Adjusted laces, tried to wear it a little lower.

I have a size M and my head measures 22 1/2

Anyone else have issues with the bar hitting your nose? I think mine might be too small. Adjusted laces, tried to wear it a little lower.

I have a size M and my head measures 22 1/2

Sometimes the bar does hit. that's why I'd rather get another 2900. but the bar isn't supposed to be hovering on the nose anyway, it's supposed to go a little lower

I think winning need to change the size chart for the FG-5000 because of the inside frame being a little different from the old model, as it hugs your face more, unlike the old one. My head is 23" circumference so a large should fit fine, but when i got my new model i had to send it back. Was tight as hell round my face, got 2 large and it fit's perfect now. Got the new Fg2900 as well, that fit is the exact same fit as my old model, hence why winning should update size chat for FG-5000.

I think winning need to change the size chart for the FG-5000 because of the inside frame being a little different from the old model, as it hugs your face more, unlike the old one. My head is 23" circumference so a large should fit fine, but when i got my new model i had to send it back. Was tight as hell round my face, got 2 large and it fit's perfect now. Got the new Fg2900 as well, that fit is the exact same fit as my old model, hence why winning should update size chat for FG-5000.

Exactly, it sucks that you shell out so much money, just to get a product that doesn't fit. Especially when you're going through the company's sizing chart.

try BEAULIEU,S and i hope you won,t be disappointed.

I thought the same thing, it's way more bulky then I thought, I might just sell it, this headgear just showed me how good my fg 2900 is.
Same here. I just got it in yesterday size L and I wear size L in fg-2900. The sob hurts my head and can't seem to be able to adjust it. I have read all 6 pages of thread and I will try opening the frame as instructed. Also the nose bar is about maybe less than a quarter inch away from my nose which not ideal. SHould I have ordered a 2L from the sound of things. and a Question. Where exactly should the bar sit? On the nose bridge or under the nose?

Awesome bump of a skribble/golden boy thread...thanks for that.

Lol adam, its theholidays bro! Relax and eat some good food bro

Back