How do I approach very large fat/muscular grapplers?

Thanks for all the advice guys! It actually helped. I forgot to mention that I'm 5'9 and weigh about 180lbs when I'm not training (I can cut to 155). After reading all of the suggestions I realized that I was underestimating this guy, so for once in my grappling life I acted like a little guy would. I immediately pulled guard on him, I was able to get to mission control rather fast (this is extremely hard when pulling on large broad shoulders). He tries to push down on my other leg (heel on thigh) to try to pass but I was able to push off and work an omoplata. Instead of finishing it I basically triangled his shoulder and work a kimura which led to the tap.

I know the feeling, I only weigh 130 and I am constantly grappling bigger guys. Sasae Tsuri-Komi Ashi and Kosoto Gake work well for me to toss bigger guys to the floor. Also Koichi Gari works well if you can get the timing. As far as on the ground...keep them away from you by pushing on the hips to give you space to get up to your knees/feet and use your speed for a duck under to take their back. then collar choke. works for me in Judo

Recently I've rolled with a very large guy, he's about 5'10 and weighs around 320-30lbs. I try shooting in on him, but its like shooting in on a rhino and I fail miserably. I can barely even fit my legs around him when he's in my guard, and I feel extremely gassed after about 5 minutes rolling around with him. He hasn't subbed me yet, but he can usually get me on points. How should I approach guys like this? I was thinking about pulling guard immediately, any suggestions?

Everything about your wording in this post is hailarious. "How do I approach very large fat/muscular grapplers? "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back