How Do Fans Boo Full Mount

Yep, a lot of Hendo fans and not many DC fans. It seems like a lot of people just dislike DC for some reason.

Outside of his actual fights, I didn't really have enough exposure to him to have an opinion one way or the other, but I thought he seemed like a decent enough guy after watching the Embedded series and hearing him do the radio circuit.

Honestly you might be hitting on a bigger point: is the UFC putting on more events than they can schedule quality fights for?

Personally I thought the card was stacked heavy at the top: Ellenberger Lawler, DC Hendo, Barao Dillashaw. But other than hendo and lawler most of those names are relatively new to fight fans. (Even lawler may be over looked since he wasn't headlining back in the day when nick diaz was putting him to sleep)

The theory of matchmaking (or at least, the theory of positive matchmaking) is that people will tune in for the stars and then learn the next guys as they go along. So while they showed up for Barao/Dillishaw, Lawler and Hendo/Cormier, they may go home talking about a great undercard and wanting to see, for instance, Tony Ferguson.

Pretty sure they were just booing the one-sidedness of the match. Hendo looked like a kid getting beaten up by his dad.

At no point was that fight non-entertaining.

Well. That's your personal opinion.

I didn't like the fight at all. Yes, DC was impressive. We haven't seen anyone do -that- to Hendo before. But it was very clear after the first round what we were going to see happen for the rest of the fight. The best of the fight is summed up in three gifs. The slam, the second slam, and the sub. Otherwise it was just frustrating. He could have done anything he wanted with him, at any moment in the fight, but it looked like he was holding back.

That just sums up DCs UFC run for me, really, and that's why this fight was non-entertaining to me. DC could have done much, much worse to Henderson, but decided to take a safe route to the title (which isn't wrong. It's smart. No bad vibes on him. It's just disappointing, after seeing his other performances). He has seemed like he was holding back in all of his fights in the UFC.

Because of how upset I am with DC's UFC performances, I must have blocked out the intricacies of his previous fights (in the UFC) due to some sort of trauma. I can't remember him landing good shots on anyone. I kinda remember a little dirty Mir boxing, but his striking has been criminally underused since he's been in the UFC - and that's what's saddening.

Back