How Do Fans Boo Full Mount

Arrrrgh

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Last night boos reigned down on DC two times in the fight when he gained full mount. I just don't understand. It was brilliant smothering ground work. As I got excited and jumped up from the couch spilling a beer these "fans" were booing. It's not like he was inactive on the ground either--dominant wrestling, passing and brutal ground and pound.

It's certainly not the first time fans booed a great performance, so what is it going to take for people to learn the sport they pay to watch? Do we need announcers in the arena like other sports (football, bball, baseball, etc) to tell people whats going on? Big bright signs saying "CHEER" when a fighter does something good?!

talking about full mounts, how many times has a fighter got full mount last night? Hollsworth, Chiesa, DC, man like 10 times at least.

People just need to learn how to grapple so they don't think the ground work is boring. Maybe if both guys are being stifled in guard or half guard, there's cause for a stand up, but no one should be booing a fighter in mount.

All the Greg Jackson-ey gameplan stuff is getting to them. They're being trained to dislike danger.

"Boo! Clean big headkick. Subs attempts from the topstrong transitions or an effort to finish. Boo!"

They were probably rooting for Hendo.

This. How long is it going to take TS to learn the basic dynamics of sports fandom? You think Philly fans cheer if Tony Romo throws a great touchdown pass?

blog+60.jpg

They were probably rooting for Hendo.

Hell I was rooting for hendo. I didn't give him much of a shot to win but I was rooting for him. It doesn't stop me from appreciating and getting excited during the fight watching DC go to work out there.

Boo a bad stand-up by the ref, boo a stupid comment from a fighter, boo a boring inactive fight... but booing a fighter for brilliant guard passes?!

Until the 3rd round it was hard for the action to be as boring as it was with a guy in full mount position. I'm glad DC got the finish or he'd be facing a lot of criticism right now. He just did very little other than maintain position for rounds 1-2 and was clearly dominant. If he was the hometown favorite they wouldn't have booed though. No one wants to see Hendo in a fight like that.

meh vegas crowd usually isnt the best when it comes to these kinda things.

When the ticket seller is on the bottom of said mount.

Honestly you might be hitting on a bigger point: is the UFC putting on more events than they can schedule quality fights for?

Personally I thought the card was stacked heavy at the top: Ellenberger Lawler, DC Hendo, Barao Dillashaw. But other than hendo and lawler most of those names are relatively new to fight fans. (Even lawler may be over looked since he wasn't headlining back in the day when nick diaz was putting him to sleep)

because they're die hard hendo fans and possibly dislike cormier?

dont underestimate the following: peoples stupidity, short attention span, and willingness to be completely biased

Until the 3rd round it was hard for the action to be as boring as it was with a guy in full mount position. I'm glad DC got the finish or he'd be facing a lot of criticism right now. He just did very little other than maintain position for rounds 1-2 and was clearly dominant. If he was the hometown favorite they wouldn't have booed though. No one wants to see Hendo in a fight like that.

There are a few boring cormier fights but I didn't think last night was one. Its definitely more interesting when the opponent isn't so over matched (like brown v silva) but DC was active on top raining down punishment on Dan. Look at Dan at the end of round 1, 2, 3 and post fight: he is exhausted. DC put in work on him.

But I agree, it was tough to see hendo lose like that. I'm hesitant to say it but I think Cormier went for the choke because he respects dan so much. It looked like he didn't want to punch dan anymore in round 3 and wanted to finish without continuing to punish him.

Because they are loyal to the Hendong. If he had mount on DC they woulda went apeshit.

never been a fan of the vegas crowds really, not that the shows i've attended in other states are much better

Back