How did you score these close fights.

I was sort of considering making a "lets score a fight" thread once a week here. A couple of other sites I posted at years back did that and it was sort of interesting.
I had a similar idea but it was a "score the round" type of deal. Good idea either way, that would be cool.

You guys have astounding memory to score these fights with points.

I thought ggg won
Draw the second fight.
I thought charlo won
And I thought wilder fury
Was a draw or wilder.

I thought whyte won and ggg best Jacobs in a fairly close fight.

It’s bizarre that you guys can give exact scores. It almost makes me think youre dishonest in your assessment if your giving me exact scores.

I would have to dig up my posts to see my round by round scores, but for end results

Canelo-GGG 1
GGG

Canelo-GGG 2

Canelo

Chisora-Whyte 1
Didn't watch

Salido-Loma

Salido

Fury-Wilder
Draw

Jacobs-GGG
GGG

Parker-Whyte
didn't score, no desire to watch it again

Harrison-Charlo
didn't score, but happy with result also.

Example: I had BHop winning both Taylor fights. Would love to have a thread debating those fights.

I had him winning both as well.

You guys have astounding memory to score these fights with points.

I thought ggg won
Draw the second fight.
I thought charlo won
And I thought wilder fury
Was a draw or wilder.

I thought whyte won and ggg best Jacobs in a fairly close fight.

It’s bizarre that you guys can give exact scores. It almost makes me think youre dishonest in your assessment if your giving me exact scores.

Bizarre? For a lot of these fights, a number of us post in play by play threads, stating who we thought won each round.. then you simply tally.

After the fight, posters debate the varying scores and give reasoning, sometimes quite in depth, posting clips and other evidence to support their reasoning.

I could easily go back, search the pbp thread for the fight, and within the last page or 2 see my final score. It is super simple, just would take a few minutes.

This took me 2 minutes to find.
-------------------------------------------------------------

@cottagecheesefan how is that even? 8-4 means 116-112... Two 10-8 rounds out of 4 Wilder rounds makes it 114-112 overall.

and I replied.

Nah, i am saying first 4 for Wilder. Then Fury won the rest of the rounds. However, Wilder got knockdowns in 2 of those rounds.

The first knockdown, i thought Fury was not hurt enough and came back well enough to make it 9-9. However, he was dead in the 12th, and despite out boxing wilder the rest of the round, the damage made it 10-8.

So i guess i should have said 7 rounds to 5 for fury, but wilder gets two extra points.
---------------------------------------------------

I could have done that with any of these fights, and would have if I was making a thread about it, or wanted to put more effort into my own post within the thread. A number of posters didn't

edit: for some fights, I debated the scoring a LOT after the fight, so I remember I scored it initially 8-4 for GGG and after rewatching scored it 9-3 for G. I even posted clips of individual rounds for my reasoning, breaking down even the round.

So of course I would remember that, unless I was a total moran.

Bizarre? For a lot of these fights, a number of us post in play by play threads, stating who we thought won each round.. then you simply tally.

After the fight, posters debate the varying scores and give reasoning, sometimes quite in depth, posting clips and other evidence to support their reasoning.

I could easily go back, search the pbp thread for the fight, and within the last page or 2 see my final score. It is super simple, just would take a few minutes.

This took me 2 minutes to find.
-------------------------------------------------------------

@cottagecheesefan how is that even? 8-4 means 116-112... Two 10-8 rounds out of 4 Wilder rounds makes it 114-112 overall.

and I replied.

Nah, i am saying first 4 for Wilder. Then Fury won the rest of the rounds. However, Wilder got knockdowns in 2 of those rounds.

The first knockdown, i thought Fury was not hurt enough and came back well enough to make it 9-9. However, he was dead in the 12th, and despite out boxing wilder the rest of the round, the damage made it 10-8.

So i guess i should have said 7 rounds to 5 for fury, but wilder gets two extra points.
---------------------------------------------------

I could have done that with any of these fights, and would have if I was making a thread about it, or wanted to put more effort into my own post within the thread. A number of posters didn't

edit: for some fights, I debated the scoring a LOT after the fight, so I remember I scored it initially 8-4 for GGG and after rewatching scored it 9-3 for G. I even posted clips of individual rounds for my reasoning, breaking down even the round.

So of course I would remember that, unless I was a total moran.

Dude. That is fucking bizarre. Posting on a play by play is bizzare.
Going back on an Internet forum is bizarre.

I couldn’t have used a better word than bizarre.

That’s not a knock on you guys at all. That’s just crazy to me.
I guess I don’t have time for that but I would have done than a decade and a half ago.

Anyways I trust your score then. But man that is fucking bizarre behavior.
There is nothing common about anything you just said.

If you’re scoring a 9-9 in the first knockdown that is bogus and shows your really leaning to s certain fighter.
A 9-9 is very hard to due. It’s as rare as a black man named Andy.
10-10. Should be more common but a 9-9 in a round like that is reaching. That’s just my correct opinion though.

I can’t even rack my brain in what year these fights happened. I’m a huge boxing fans but as the years went on those menial stats slipped my mind.

I respect your score and
You have validation on your score in the
Moment of when the fight happened. On the exact year. The exact day and time.

Bizzare. Lol

I guess I don’t have time for that but I would have done than a decade and a half ago.

If you’re scoring a 9-9 in the first knockdown that is bogus and shows your really leaning to s certain fighter.
10-10. Should be more common but a 9-9 in a round like that is reaching. That’s just my correct opinion though.

I can’t even rack my brain in what year these fights happened. I’m a huge boxing fans but as the years went on those menial stats slipped my mind.

I respect your score and

Bizzare. Lol

I mean, ALL of these fights happened within the last couple years. Wilder/Fury literally happened last year. And you would forget what year that happened? To me, THAT is bizarre

ANd 10-10 and 9-9 are the same thing, in that it makes them even. How do you try to say 10-10 is not leaning to one fighter but 9-9 is? That logic is also bizarre as well lol.

edit: also, for a lot of fights, I don't watch with anyone but my wife (who isn't the biggest boxing fan). So I also post on my phone while watching with her. Do you watch every fight with people, or alone? Do you not want to discuss the fights with people? That also seems like bizarre and anti-social behavior. Which is ironic, since I am talking about posting on a forum, but it is true.

Unless you have a big network of boxing fans, and have parties for each fight.

Last edited:

I respect your score and

Bizzare. Lol
hmm. new to this side of the forum?

Boxing forum is smaller. And so when there is a play by play on fights, we post scores round by round. Then if you just search the pbp for the fight you can pretty easily find your score.

pretty common around here

Boxing forum is smaller. And so when there is a play by play on fights, we post scores round by round. Then if you just search the pbp for the fight you can pretty easily find your score.

Yea, I simply searched "Wilder fury official" and checked off "thread title only". Then once in the thread, searched "cottagecheesefan" and checked "search this thread only" and "by this poster". Took about 90 seconds lol. I remember that thread well too because I went to that fight. Afterwards, my wife was hungry so we went to a nice place. I wasn't hungry and just wanted to keep drinking. So she got to have her fun (eat good food I pay for), and l posted as she ate and I drank. We had already discussed the trip and our plans for Yosemite the next day. Dunno why any of that would be considered weird.

Or like with Canelo vs GGG, I had parties for both fights. The next morning I wake up (kind of hung over) and discuss the fights while the ball and chain sleeps. I mean, my friends like boxing to a degree, but none have ever boxed, or are big fans. So I rather would see what actual boxing fans think of the fight, rather than my friends. Boxing is the only sport I follow, outside of casually following MMA. There are already clips on youtube of various rounds with youtubers analysis within hours of the fight, let alone the next morning.

I do like the idea of the monthly or bi-weekly thread. I think it should be for one fight or a series of fights between the 2 fighters, and the thread starter has to post a link to the video (preferably youtube), but some safe, streaming link. Youtube has pretty much all fights from 4-5 ago and older. Sometimes it can be hard to find one from the last couple years, especially big fights, but even those you can find different broadcasts than the main US one, etc.

Moreover, TS, @Seano could be the first, and then he picks someone for the next one who has already actively participates in these threads, or even wants to do the next one and volunteers within the current thread.

Last edited:
I mean, ALL of these fights happened within the last couple years. Wilder/Fury literally happened last year. And you would forget what year that happened? To me, THAT is bizarre

ANd 10-10 and 9-9 are the same thing, in that it makes them even. How do you try to say 10-10 is not leaning to one fighter but 9-9 is? That logic is also bizarre as well lol.

edit: also, for a lot of fights, I don't watch with anyone but my wife (who isn't the biggest boxing fan). So I also post on my phone while watching with her. Do you watch every fight with people, or alone? Do you not want to discuss the fights with people? That also seems like bizarre and anti-social behavior. Which is ironic, since I am talking about posting on a forum, but it is true.

Unless you have a big network of boxing fans, and have parties for each fight.

Ha you sound a bit defensive about it. No offense. I knew there were play by plays. It would be so distracting especially if you have company.
That’s just so weird to me.

But as long as I’ve been on this forum I’ve never searched for anything really.
I just try to use my phone as little as possible especially around company or my boys.

To each their own. Get off of my lawn!

Not at all. I just don’t post a lot.
Yeah that makes sense. It’s just foreign to me though
I suppose I could see how that would be fun as a lot of you guys “talk” on a daily basis.

The older I get the fewer people
I want to watch fights with. My brother and my boys that’s cool with me. The wife I’d rather not. And she would rather not also so everyone wins.

Boxing forum has definitely higher quality and more knowledgeable posters than other places on here.

Back