How did the adderrall rumor even get started?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by dickcheney, Jan 5, 2013.

1. JohnBergman85

JohnBergman85 Green Belt

Hey, I was agreeing with you. People hear hoof beats and think zebras, not horses.

2. dickcheney

dickcheney Gold Belt

i think it was the sudden nature that led to all the little gossippers on this site to just have field day

3. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Blue Belt

I know internet libel is a crime in many states. I wonder how/if this law applies to discussion forums such as this. Any legal experts here?

4. Loking

Loking Blue Belt

I didn't expect adderall to be goldie's problem. But Adderall is a schedule II drug, and highly addictive. It's a stimulent, and would enhance anyone's concentration, not just those with adhd. I don't think the rumors are too far fetched, but I wouldnt believe them without a valid source.

5. JohnBergman85

JohnBergman85 Green Belt

What does the time of the episode have to do with anything? Is Goldberg his only good friend? Rogan is a comedian, most of the people he knows does drugs. It could be anyone.

6. dickcheney

dickcheney Gold Belt

sorry, i'm on edge from all the adderrall

7. JohnBergman85

JohnBergman85 Green Belt

It's alright. I can see how if taken out of context it could sound sarcastic.

8. zbelt

zbelt Brown Belt

People like tearing down other people. Rumors suck

9. Emjay

Emjay And again and again and again and ag.. zzzzzzzz

Funny how people will believe the sensational news story, provided by a "source", over a basic story straight from the horses mouth.

It's like you guys WANT him to be screwed up on drugs so that you can use that as an excuse to bash him further

10. Grief

Grief Green Belt

I think it was easy to assume that the reason Goldberg always stared sooo deeply into Rogan's eyes on occasion was due to some amphetamine use

11. Thames

Thames Brown Belt

Rumors are easy to start and impossible to trace once they take root.
    He should just have clarified his reason from the start, or at least make something up that people would buy.
    It is pointless not to when you have so much media attention. If he doesn't tell his reasons, then people will eventually make up their own reasons.

12. ms4n

ms4n Blue Belt

Well, it's obviously a medication issue at this point. The medication made it impossible for him to work. That means a mental or behavioral side effect so it could be anything from Goldie having to piss every 10 minutes to running crazy shirtless around Dana's interviews... or both. It sounds like it was something that increased since October to a certain point where in directly impacted his ability to perform.

Dana can't talk about it and neither can anyone else but his physician with has been vague. This probably means Goldie had to take FMLA leave to protect his job which needs consent of his physician. Drug issues are covered by HIPPA. If a coworker or boss talks about the reason for leave and it causes "issues" for the employability of the person taking leave there can be mega lawsuits.

Where does that leave us? Well, back at square one.... pure speculation.

So.. Sounds like Goldie probably started taking Adderall for part of a treatment for respiratory issues, it caused him to piss every 10 min, then the use got out of hand and you saw odd behaviors and judgement, Goldie needed treatment or he'd get fired, and with the laws in place now nobody can talk about it.

Meh.

13. HAWTRIDDUM

HAWTRIDDUM Gold Belt Platinum Member

He has missed several events in the past. Off the top of my head the one i remember was ufc 56.

14. rhay777

rhay777 Black Belt

adderrall= methamphetamines

these are not vitamins folks. same thing happens when humans take meth, whether prescribed or not

15. Hanri

Hanri Red Belt

By far the best poster on this site. I seriously hope you were joking.

16. Velkar182

Velkar182 Brown Belt

Why the hell would Goldie have started taking that? We use it as a study aid before exams...$hit fv<ks you up.

17. MRT

MRT Black Belt

what is odd is that he wouldn't just come out and discuss it.

an 'upper respiratory' issue and/or complications from it, is hardly something that needs to be hidden, even if simply out of a desire for privacy. given that he knows of the rumours, why not just talk more about it and shut everyone up?

weird.

in any case, as much as I think he and Rogan are annoying as heck, but good for the sport's growth, I obv hope he makes a full recovery. anyone who wishes ill on someone else (without a REALLY good reason lol) is a douche.

18. devilfisted

devilfisted Brown Belt

The facts show that he's out for medical reasons not drugs. Why is it so hard for some people to believe the evidence over rumours and vage off handed comments.

19. Surepuppy**

Surepuppy** White Belt

I'm telling you guys right now, Goldie was on some type of stimulant. I always used to think he was just coked up cause of all the tweeky shit that he does with his face while he's talking. Regardless, I hope he recovers and comes back cuz I love the shit he says.

20. devilfisted

devilfisted Brown Belt

This is how rumours start a guy who knows nothing about someone says something stupid. Then when the something stupid makes its way into stupid ears you have a rumour. Don't be stupid!