How did the adderrall rumor even get started?

dickcheney

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It seems that there should be a very specific source for this false rumor that can easily be tracked down...

does anyone know which site was the first to report it?

It seems that there should be a very specific source for this false rumor that can easily be tracked down...

How do you know it's false? Source? :wink:

I think it was bloodyelbow or mmajunkie

It is weird nobody else besides Goldie says he has a throat problem.

Anonymous sources, Rogan said a friend had an addiction to it, and the weird, unsympathetic way Dana reacted to the question speaks to it.
Goldie is the only one denying it and he is being very vague.

I remember on a joe rogan podcast may have been episode 300 he talked about someone he knew who had an addiction to the drug and wouldn't say on air who it was. People put 2 and 2 together then.

to get the rumor started? word of mouth, twitter, some sort of correspondence was involved no doubt -

So we're for certain the adderall thing was bullshit then? I could have done without that thread and all the ignorant comments about how it was just a study drug and impossible for anyone other than a college kid studying for exams to abuse.

I remember on a joe rogan podcast may have been episode 300 he talked about someone he knew who had an addiction to the drug and wouldn't say on air who it was. People put 2 and 2 together then.

lol...you think rogan would only protect that persons name if it was goldberg?

If Goldie did Adderall, he would be more focused on the task of commentating.

So we're for certain the adderall thing was bullshit then? I could have done without that thread and all the ignorant comments about how it was just a study drug and impossible for anyone other than a college kid studying for exams to abuse.

from the mmafighting link...among other things it says:
" Goldberg's doctor later confirmed that the medication taken to treat the infection in combination with his normal asthma medication caused severe side effects that affected his ability to work, which according to the same sources, was the reason he missed UFC 155."

lol...you think rogan would only protect that persons name if it was goldberg?

Goldie's a good friend of his, and that episode was before all this came out. Goldie's clearly got something going on just by Dana's reaction, anyway I hope Goldie is back soon rather than later.

It started by fucking Doherty spamming rumor threads.

That is ban-worthy imo.

Mods: Doherty

Right. Especially Rogan who knows a bunch of addicts.

let me get this straight....
its more likeley that rogan mentioning an anonymous friend with an addiction is goldberg...than goldberg's doctor confirming a medical reaction goldberg had from meds?

Goldie's a good friend of his, and that episode was before all this came out. Goldie's clearly got something going on just by Dana's reaction, anyway I hope Goldie is back soon rather than later.

no one is saying goldberg doesnt have a medical issue that prevented him from commentating...

I don't understand why Goldberg missing one event was such a big deal anyway. Yes it's the first one he's missed and he's been doing it for a long time, but come on. Respect the dude's privacy no matter what his issue is.

Back