How did Magny beat Means?

Jamoke

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't seen the fight, was it standup or wrestling? I'm kinda surprised by it.

I was shocked. Means seemed flat and couldnt get going.

It was both. Tim had his moments standing and had a few good moments of GNP/clinch strikes but for the most part Magney was too elusive. Tim got frustrated. Magney wasn't landing many counters but he avoided Mein's attack, used some pretty good feints and was quick enough to pot shot him. It looked like one time he feinted a superman punch off the cage into a kick. I'm not sure but if so that is kinda cool.

The last few min of round 3 he was smothering Tim and took his back and stuff iirc. A lot of people in the pbp thread were calling it boring but I was drunk and didn't think it was that bad.

stick and move. magny used his hand speed and footwork and stayed away...

means looked like a red-neck ethan hawke who just shaved his mullet

Tim came to fight but magney avoided the whole time and won a dec

Means chokes in the UFC. But it was because of takedowns and reach.

Means looked like shit, didn't do anything in the stand up and got easily out wrestled again
If he's not cut after this fight he'll get 1 more chance and that's it

The days of one dimensional no TDD strikers in the UFC are long gone

Because maybe Tim Means isn't as good as people seem to think he is.

Honestly though Magny's striking looked a bit improved, he mixed things up well and he never got rattled when Means had him in some bad spots. Won the first round with a knockdown and some quality takedowns and then won the 3rd on takedowns and activity.

Thanks guys. I really had a lot of hope for Means. Oh well...

magny is no bum. he has probably been training so much harder and more consistently since pre-TUF; now he is starting to reach his full-potential. he's a hell of an athlete anyway

Neil use his reach and mix it with TD, some clinchs also. He really mix it all up. Im still impressed Neil keeps winning, i just dont get it. Hopefully he keeps it

magny is no bum. he has probably been training so much harder and more consistently since pre-TUF; now he is starting to reach his full-potential. he's a hell of an athlete anyway

Unarguably the best fighter out of TUF 16.

Awful fight. They will probably get cut soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back