How Did Lauren Murphy Become a UFC Fighter?

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

“If I ever write a book it will be about me just sort of bumbling my way into a professional fighting career”

When Murphy started her training over ten years ago, she lived in Alaska and was only looking for a way to stay busy during the blistering cold. . . her biggest dream was that she might one day enter a local jiu-jitsu tournament. . . . [She won] . . . Murphy had another wild idea. Maybe she could participate in an MMA fight and have something . . . to tell her grandkids about someday. . . . Soon after the experience, she wondered if maybe she could win another fight. . . . The champion of that local MMA promotion, Alaska Fighting Championships, called out Murphy for a fight after just her second professional win. Murphy said she agreed to it, but only to save face. . . . Murphy won that fight, too, and she went on to win more fights, still never really dreaming of becoming a UFC fighter.

“I never dreamed about going to the UFC or anything,” Murphy said. “Women weren’t even allowed in the UFC back then.”

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/02/ufc-247-lauren-murphy/

I thought her name was Barb... :)

I've trained with her and she is pretty awesome. Incredibly down to earth and humble.

I really like her fighting style and will be rooting for her.

Becoming a UFC participant in women's division just requires filling application on website.

Last edited:
“Women weren’t even allowed in the UFC back then.”

I'm glad the UFC stopped such horrible oppression and decided to offer liberty and freedom to people like this bitch.
maxresdefault.jpg

i thought the answer was tuf 26

WMMA... where you can be doing cardio kickboxing early in the year and then be on a UFC main card by summer time.

She beat D'Alelio who had just beaten Amanda Nunes, then won the vacant Invicta 135 belt against Miriam Nakamoto, albeit by injury. With an 8-0 pro record it probably seemed like a logical signing back in 2014.

Becoming a UFC participant in women's division just requires filling application on website.

Q1. Do you have tits?
Q2. Do your kids play soccer?
Q3. What's your availability for next month?

Who in the fuck is that giant,dwarfing black beast in that photo??

Back