How did everyone do at Grapplers Quest??

Duh, just read your thread. This is a misunderstanding related to the rules.

Here is the official rules of GQ and this is listed in the event flyer

1st offense of stalling = Official Warning 2nd offense of stalling will result in a 2 Point deduction.
3rd offense of stalling will result in a 3 point deduction 4th offense will result in a disqualification.

So you were not entitled to any points based of this. Hope this clears things up. Best of luck at your next event.

If your ever at a GQ event and have aquestion about the rules, you can ask any of the refs. My name is Jeff, feel free to ask for me.

The only thing I should mention is that if you are polite, you'll get alll the help you need. If you are abusive, people generally try to avoid you at these things. By talking to abusive people it makes everyone else think that they can talk to you like that.

Stalling?? There was no stalling involved. Im not sure where you got that from.

Here is what happened. He shot took me down, I wrapped up a guillotine as we kinda slid off the mats. I was cranking the submission, he was fighting it....then the ref stopped us. At first I thought he tapped but then he said go in the middle. There was 12 secs left. So now the guy got to breathe, get himself in a better positiion etc. So when we restarted he pretty easily pulled his head out and the match ended.

This convo is kinda dragging out for something that I dont really care about. It is what it is! I lost, not the end of the world. I was just curious what the ruling for this should be, thats all. I wasnt mad after the match, shit happens!

Sorry I didnt paste this part

Stalling includes fleeing the mat to avoid the sub. The ref did the right thing by restarting you guys in the same position. Since it was off a takedown, the guys was not fleeing the mat, it was just a weird situation.

Once the head clears 2 points for him and an advantage for you.

It sucks having to restart people when they are out of bounds, very rarely will both people be happy with the outcome, but you gotta call it down the middle.

hey Del, who was the guy reffing the womens' matches? the dude w/ the bleach blonde hair

That was Todd Margolis (Lloyd Irving Black Belt, Multiple GQ Champ). You should hear him sing, lol

Back