• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did Eddie Bravo get to be an expert commentator at early UFC with zero credentials?

There was a noob with zero credentials commentating next to GSP last night at Karate Combat. Eddie at least knew what he was looking at.

MMA was an underground sport that was still being called "human cock fighting" by mainstream media.

What credentials was he supposed to have for the job?

Mainstream media doesn't determine what we are watching. Tank Abbott was a legit martial artist.

He's a beast now days but I was surprised to see him in early UFC as an expert commentator. Was he friends with Rogan back then too?
Joe Rogans friend and JJ coach in a time when nobody knew what JJ really was.
Joe's job was to provide context for the grappling early on before it became more available to the public. His coach provided further information, just makes sense.

Joe Rogans friend and JJ coach in a time when nobody knew what JJ really was.
Joe's job was to provide context for the grappling early on before it became more available to the public. His coach provided further information, just makes sense.

Haha. Joe barely knew JJ. More likely that he was hired because of his TaeKwonDo background

Someone once told me,it’s not what you know it’s who you know. Who knew?

Haha. Joe barely knew JJ. More likely that he was hired because of his TaeKwonDo background

Nobody knew JJ back then. Joe knowing what the guard is would have made him the most knowledgeable person in the commentary staff at that time.

Nobody knew JJ back then. Joe knowing what the guard is would have made him the most knowledgeable person in the commentary staff at that time.
Who knows. Jim Brown was a football player and they hired him lol.

Because he taught and trained ufc brah

I think he got the gig after tapping Royler as a brownbelt. He probably got his black belt right away because it's friggin' Royler.

No way. He was younger in the clip I Saw. Strange thing is, he didn't comment on jiujitsu... More of an overall commentator lol.

That's like putting one of you out there.

Back