• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did Aspinal become so annoying overnight?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
In case anyone thinks I'm just hating on the guy, here is a thread I made less than two years ago praising both his fighting skills and his good attitude.

Fast forward to his win over Pavlovich and the guy just did a full Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde transformation overnight.

I know there are a lot of people on this forum with Jones derangement syndrome so they will defend Tom's blatant whoring for that fight, but it's not happening and he needs to accept that it's not happening and move on.

He might be the best HW at the moment, he may be able to beat both Jones and Stipe... but none of it matters cause those guys have legacies and their fight isn't necessarily about who the best current HW is at the moment.

The fact that Tom can't seem to understand and accept that is just cringe, and makes him look thirsty and desperate.... contrary to everything he said less than two years ago when he told Chael he's not about whoring himself for promotion and more money.

Now he's begging for a big money fight against a legend so he can potentially be able to say he beat the great Jon Jones or Stipe Miocic. In reality he would look more like Brendan Schaub when he wanted to fight Mirko an Big Nog, just hoping to make a big name by beating washed up legends.

I'm not a Jones fan either, but I'm not as emotional about it as some of you. Him and Stipe want to fight each other before retiring and both have earned it so let them have their farewell party as they chose.

Tom stood out to me among the rest, because he wasn't that typical annoying Brit who couldn't shut his mouth, but now he's become one to some extent.

How has he become annoying? Are you a Jon Jones fan? Jon Jones fans tend to be degenerate individuals, so that might explain things.
Not even, rooted against him his entire career... that said I don't have that derangement syndrome about him either, if he's that good then so be it, but hoping Stipe knocks him out.

Jones is old and retiring... I'll be more impressed if he beats Blaydes and Gane.
So you think he shouldn't fight for the title because "Jones is old"? Then maybe "old" Jon Jones should vacate the HW title he hasn't defended for over a year. How about that?

It sounds like you want Jones to be protected from Aspinall.

So you think he shouldn't fight for the title because "Jones is old"? Then maybe "old" Jon Jones should vacate the HW title he hasn't defended for over a year. How about that?

No, I just don't think it means much if young prime Aspinal beat him now.

I mean trying to make a name of beating a big name that's past his prime is some Chris Weidman level shit, it would prove fuck all other than what we already know, that father time is undefeated.

Jones and Stipe is different tho, it's two old lions with established legacies.

I'm not a Jones fan either
artworks-wOKmdHvdvvngY67z-UUcO6A-t500x500.jpg

These fighters have been struggling for years to make some big money in big money fights against top talent.

Tom is doing what he can to get his voice heard above Roar of Dana telling him he's only eligible at this time to be an "Interim", and noise of the MMA mob.

Aspinall may be annoying to some -- but he's not wrong.

Edit: "Interim" spelling.

Last edited:
Good thing we're on a forum that archives all our posting and me hating on Jones is all over it, especially back in the earlier days.

But hey, don't let a silly thing like facts get in the way of your fantasy, just keep doubting like a dummy despite having zero evidence to back it up.

I agree with this. If Jones vs Stipe is such an Important Legacy fight and it will sell a bazillion PPV and jones plans on riding off after, Why not make it a non title fight? Why must The UFC HW title be the back drop for a fight involving a guy who hasn't fought in 3 years and a guy Who is openly planing on retiring after the fight? There is already a defending interim champion and everything.

I do not find Tom annoying, at least yet. But I do have a feeling he might become a diva one he becomes the undisputed champ.

These fighters have been struggling for years to make some big money in big money fights against top talent.

Tom is doing what he can to get his voice heard above Roar of Dana telling him he's only eligible at this time to be an "Inteim", and noise of the MMA mob.

Aspinall may be annoying to some -- but he's not wrong.
Except that would also make him a hypocrite because here is Tom's stance on that less than 2 years ago.

I agree with this. If Jones vs Stipe is such an Important Legacy fight and it will sell a bazillion PPV and jones plans on riding off after, Why not make it a non title fight? Why must The UFC HW title be the back drop for a fight involving a guy who hasn't fought in 3 years and a guy Who is openly planing on retiring after the fight? There is already a defending interim champion and everything.
Hey bro don't use logic over here...

Good thing we're on a forum that archives all our posting and me hating on Jones is all over it, especially back in the earlier days.

But hey, don't let a silly thing like facts get in the way of your fantasy, just keep doubting like a dummy despite having zero evidence to back it up.

You're a closet Jones stan who doesn't want to cop to it. You mysteriously always find a reason to hate whomever Jones adversary is

Cuz we found out bro ain't rly know how to throw a punch sum egghead had to show em how to fix his technique 😂

993110-d63083ed8eef89b39a8ccec9bd1bdcc1.png

993109-9fb2f18a3bbcca9df15d9e664abb8be9.png993108-a42c23e12b3c8bcb30a89f5a3fe18551.png

Last edited:
You're a closet Jones stan who doesn't want to cop to it. You mysteriously always find a reason to hate whomever Jones adversary is

Thank you for proving my point for me, here is literally the first sentence of that thread:

"It’s so weird, I wanted Jones to lose so badly every time he got in that octagon. I’ve been a vocal hater of him ever since he destroyed Shogun"

You really are a special kind of stupid, keep it up tho it's entertaining.

Thank you for proving my point for me, here is literally the first sentence of that thread:

"It’s so weird, I wanted Jones to lose so badly every time he got in that octagon. I’ve been a vocal hater of him ever since he destroyed Shogun"

You really are a special kind of stupid, keep it up tho it's entertaining.
And yet you still chose to shill for him over good guy DC. Think about why that is. The reason you chose to hate on DC is the exact same reason you are hating on Aspinall now. You're a closet Jones stan. You can't help but find reasons to hate whoever his rival is, despite the fact Jones is the biggest piece of shit in all of MMA.

Back