How could anyone who complained about fighter pay hate Conor Mcgregor?

I don’t get it? Conor hasn’t killed millions of people. He’s just a loudmouth annoying petty criminal who has bettered the lives of many many fighters.
Maybe its possible to dislike/hate somebody even if they also did something else unrelated that was good or even just neutral in their life. im not saying it definitely is possible, or that its even likely... but maybe we should look into it

Study the art of hate. One can hate for many reasons, regardless of opposing circumstances. Embrace the hate.
<CerseiPlotting>

The guy has done more for fighters to get paid than any fighter ever In mma.

When I was an mma fan 10 years ago the fighters made PEANUTS.

Mma fighters were lucky to make 100k a year at the highest level in the ufc. TOP fighters were on 20/20 contracts, getting their asses beat down for Almost minimum wage.

For mma fighters to become millionaires was only for GOATS like Anderson and GSP.

Now many fighters are benefiting from what Conor accomplished. He stood up to the owners and took a piece of the pie.

Took a piece of what pie..? He tried to get a free slice on his draw power or past draw power, but you need to buy IN like all the others. But overall he as raised the bar on what a high profile fighter can command when in demand.
But I also think it was inevitably going to happen with the UFC and mma growing popularity with boxing pay scales the closet to compare mma starz pay would rise Conor's viral sensation just jumped started it all, these new blood just gotta keep it going, pay can't fall back now...

Original thread.....Can't say i've read a thread like this in 2019...but 2014-2018.................

what is this...trickle down theory?

Conor hasn't increased the pay of all fighters. He's increased his own pay check and a few of the opponents he's fought.

If you want to credit McGreggor, don't forget to credit every other fighter whom he built his reputation off of and every athlete he's copied...

Money Mayweather, Nate & Nick Diaz, Jose Aldo, Chad Mendez, Eddie Alvarez, Tito Ortiz, Ali, Babe Ruth and the list goes on and on.

Was he good at what he did? Yes.
Did he do something new? No.
Is he more well known than other fighters? Yes.
Is he the best in his division or was he ever the best? Maybe at 145, he never defended so we'll never know. Definitely not the best at 155.

Back