How Competitive is Lawler vs Woodley?

More competitive than most say it will be. Woodley is no joke , he just has a history of choking in fights.

Not Woodley...The fool has sat out over a year. He's already said that when he wins the title he's gonna "take some time off too reflect"...WTF? Fuck this guy.
That might help more than hurt. Lawler's chin has taken a pounding in his last few fights.

With all the upset we had lately, I wouldn't be surprise if Woodley pull it off...

(God I hope not tho, Wonderboy Vs Robbie would be awesome)
Woodley via Murphy's Law. What can go wrong will. The fans want Lawler vs Wonderboy and the fans almost never get what we want. I think them giving Woodley the shot over WB might backfire.

Last edited:
I think the opposite. Woodley doesn't have the cardio for a 5 round wrestlefucking. Lawler is hittable and Woodley hits like a truck. He's also fast for the division and covers distance well with his strikes.

Woodley has his best chance to win in the first and second rounds while he's still fresh. Lawler is much better than him in the deep waters. If it goes past round 3 it favors Lawler significantly.

I'm picturing Lawler/Hendricks 1 with a more athletic Hendricks with more power. Woodley will stand with him, hurt him and take him down for safety's sake. Hoping the layoff affects him, as another poster pointed out. I forgot all about that. Could be key. Hope Woodley gasses and Robbie finishes.

Woodley can definately take him out early if he nuts up and throws those impressive fast hands hard and early.

If he is conservative or tries to outlast Lawler with a wrestling heavy game plan he will be brutalised.

I think Lawler finishes him inside 2 rounds but I would not be shocked if Woodley manages to crack that chin.

I'm picturing Lawler/Hendricks 1 with a more athletic Hendricks with more power. Woodley will stand with him, hurt him and take him down for safety's sake. Hoping the layoff affects him, as another poster pointed out. I forgot all about that. Could be key. Hope Woodley gasses and Robbie finishes.
Woodley carries a lot of muscle mass and has a taxing style of fighting. He will likely slow down as the fight enters the championship rounds. But in that first 2 rounds he might just Koscheck/Hieron Lawler.

Woodley can definately take him out early if he nuts up and throws those impressive fast hands hard and early.

If he is conservative or tries to outlast Lawler with a wrestling heavy game plan he will be brutalised.

I think Lawler finishes him inside 2 rounds but I would not be shocked if Woodley manages to crack that chin.
I agree completely

This is going to be a walk in the park for Robbie.

Most of ya'll just think of Robbie as a brawler... no, he's very, VERY defensive

Sure, you look at this gif, and you can tell it was at this moment that Robbie stole Big Rigs soul
1.gif

Do ya'll think in 195, Condit just want to hit air? no he wanted to connect as much as he could, it wasn't that Condit was just shadow boxing for funsies, it was cuz Robbie was blocking, dodging or checking every thing that Condit was throwing.

Woodley is going to whiff so much air, that he'll make an impulsive strike and just flub his way to a loss.

I hope Robbie...

tumblr_mj60k8pANU1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

I think it will be a blowout either way but I'm expecting a Woodley finish.

Wonderboy makes them both look like amateurs.

I think Lawler will want the ko so bad that he leaves openings for Woodley to land big.

I'm taking Woodley by ko in the second.

Woodley by blackxplosive KO.

Who knows how many more shots Lawler can take??

Too many wars lately and that will take a toll on him.

Robbie's a slow-starter and Woodley is explosive in the first 10 minutes.
This is important to remember. If Lawler doesn't come strong out of the gate there is some real danger in the first couple of rounds. Even if he does overcome I expect Woodley to land something significant early on.

Every fight Lawler is in is competitve. Everybody bashed GSP for not being able to finish fights well how many are being finished now that he is gone?

Back