How common is it for the Rich's children to have drug issues/suicide

I’m pretty sure serious drug use is way higher the lower you go on the socio-economic ladder. Of course there are other factors, from case to case.
People on government assistance definitely have enough money to sustain massive coke habits.

There's something to this, TS. I think that one of the reasons is that rich kids rarely get that sense of accomplishment and self realization. I know a man my age (39), his father is a crazy successful guy, owning dozens of hotels, restaurants, furniture factory...the list goes on and on. He lived lavishly in his 20s, having anything he wanted. Both him and his sister were heavy into drugs. His father did the best he could to get him into the family business, but whatever the son has touched, went to shit.

I guess it's not easy to live with the feeling that you could never be as successful as your parents, maybe subconsciously they feel unworthy of the wealth they have. Once you've bought all the toys you wanted, you probably find yourself alone with yourself, and that can be dangerous for some people. Add the drugs into the story, and you get the disaster waiting to happen.

Dont know the stats but i think suicides should be within the average but drug use should be higher since you have an endless ammount of resources in order to have fun at an early age you start to get bored of everything so hard drugs are definetly there

There's something to this, TS. I think that one of the reasons is that rich kids rarely get that sense of accomplishment and self realization. I know a man my age (39), his father is a crazy successful guy, owning dozens of hotels, restaurants, furniture factory...the list goes on and on. He lived lavishly in his 20s, having anything he wanted. Both him and his sister were heavy into drugs. His father did the best he could to get him into the family business, but whatever the son has touched, went to shit.

I guess it's not easy to live with the feeling that you could never be as successful as your parents, maybe subconsciously they feel unworthy of the wealth they have. Once you've bought all the toys you wanted, you probably find yourself alone with yourself, and that can be dangerous for some people. Add the drugs into the story, and you get the disaster waiting to happen.
interesting

From my experience when i was a bouncer its the rich and poor who do most drugs

Rich because they have money and can do whatever they want

Poor because their lives are hard and they dont give a fuck

Its the middle class that struggles lol

Expectations are quite stressful.

Also as an example my buddy is screwed from always chasing his absent through work fathers affirmation. He usually only got it by being exceptional and whilst he became a kickboxing world champ, it was never ever enough.

Off topic but what you guys in uk consider the "prestiged" kickboxing organisation (wako,ikf etc)

My girlfriend comes from an incredibly wealthy family, Mine middle class. Upon interacting with her parent's friends, I've encountered an overwhelming amount of wealthy parents with children who either have serious drug habits, have overdosed & died, or have committed suicide.

No exaggerating: 3 died from overdose, and 2 suicides, just in this 1 social circle.

Anyone else witness similar situations amongst the wealthy upper class in your areas?

i'll share a few instances.

the first, was when i went to the house of a friend of a friend. my friend at the time worked at starbucks, and was working with a guy whose dad was the ceo of a huge company. the kid invited his friend, my buddy who worked at starbucks, along with who my buddy decided to bring. so he brought me and someone else. we go to the guys house, and it requires four different security gate checks before getting there lol. the house is a gigantic mansion. the type you see in the lifestyles of the rich and famous. the kid who lives there opens the door, and he looks coked out of his mind, with a gigantic ziploc bag of weed haha.

the guy was really nice and all, but you could tell that he had drug issues. there were workers there who cleaned and did the normal everyday chores for the family. they had their own home on the property, on the other side. that house, in-itself was the size of a normal two-story house. the kicker, was when the kid nonchalantly said, "oh, yeah joe montana lives a few blocks down there". that was when i'm like ok, this is a real upper-class place.

the second time was this past summer. though this guy didn't have a drug issue. in fact, he was as well put together as one can be, given his situation. this guy was a trust-fund kid. i met him last year while visiting denver. a very smart and nice dude actually. though you could tell that he had an air of superiority about him. he was the kind of guy who made it a point to ask you questions to judge you, to see if you lose composure. you could tell that he hung with a very elite crowd. anyway, after about a twenty minute chat, i was about to leave, and the guy not only paid for my drinks, he paid for my lunch! i was taken aback, but i thanked him.

he then asked if i wanted to join his crew that night. so i said sure. we got an uber to the area he lived in, and stopped by his place first. this guy was living in as nice a one-bedroom apartment as you can live in haha. a full bar, a pool table, and an incredible view of the denver skyline. we go out for dinner and drinks, and he pays for everything! my bill must have been at least $200. he bought me another uber to take me back to my hostel, and that was that.

so i'll say that my experiences have varied. no matter how much money you have, everyone still needs human connections to keep them grounded with reality.

I think a lot of times it's because the parents are never around. In the city I used to live in there were always people hiring nannies and caretakers to get their kids ready for school in the morning or pick them up from school and etc. It was sad.

Kids don't give a shit about money, they want attention and fun.

yeah, i agree. it seems that once kids get the essentials, as in attention from family and friends, they then pursue money. a kid with all the money in the world will still feel empty inside without the necessary human interactions.

It's common for children from rich families to be loser assholes and underachievers especially compared to parents or grandparents who had nothing except motivation for a better life.

From my experience when i was a bouncer its the rich and poor who do most drugs

Rich because they have money and can do whatever they want

Poor because their lives are hard and they dont give a fuck

Its the middle class that struggles lol

Off topic but what you guys in uk consider the "prestiged" kickboxing organisation (wako,ikf etc)

Good question, I'm biased, but WAKO and ICO are the most legit imo.

Good question, I'm biased, but WAKO and ICO are the most legit imo.

agree on wako,simply because its considered best in here, eastern europe and most of central europe as well

In my experience it's alcohol. I drink pretty regular and pretty heavy as did my father and uncle, my aunt not so much. Dabbled with acid, coke, grass and will sometimes smoke now.
On my wife's side her mother was a heavy drinker that occasionally smoked grass and my wife seldom drinks or smokes grass.
Both of us were set pretty good in life as were our folks.

Friends we know in similar situations all seem to like the booze with home bars and one even has party buses and limo.

I think its less likely they will be a drug user but drugs affect all classes of people to some degree, they are just that good. (joke stay away they can wreck your life before you know it)

i'll share a few instances.

the first, was when i went to the house of a friend of a friend. my friend at the time worked at starbucks, and was working with a guy whose dad was the ceo of a huge company. the kid invited his friend, my buddy who worked at starbucks, along with who my buddy decided to bring. so he brought me and someone else. we go to the guys house, and it requires four different security gate checks before getting there lol. the house is a gigantic mansion. the type you see in the lifestyles of the rich and famous. the kid who lives there opens the door, and he looks coked out of his mind, with a gigantic ziploc bag of weed haha.

the guy was really nice and all, but you could tell that he had drug issues. there were workers there who cleaned and did the normal everyday chores for the family. they had their own home on the property, on the other side. that house, in-itself was the size of a normal two-story house. the kicker, was when the kid nonchalantly said, "oh, yeah joe montana lives a few blocks down there". that was when i'm like ok, this is a real upper-class place.

the second time was this past summer. though this guy didn't have a drug issue. in fact, he was as well put together as one can be, given his situation. this guy was a trust-fund kid. i met him last year while visiting denver. a very smart and nice dude actually. though you could tell that he had an air of superiority about him. he was the kind of guy who made it a point to ask you questions to judge you, to see if you lose composure. you could tell that he hung with a very elite crowd. anyway, after about a twenty minute chat, i was about to leave, and the guy not only paid for my drinks, he paid for my lunch! i was taken aback, but i thanked him.

he then asked if i wanted to join his crew that night. so i said sure. we got an uber to the area he lived in, and stopped by his place first. this guy was living in as nice a one-bedroom apartment as you can live in haha. a full bar, a pool table, and an incredible view of the denver skyline. we go out for dinner and drinks, and he pays for everything! my bill must have been at least $200. he bought me another uber to take me back to my hostel, and that was that.

so i'll say that my experiences have varied. no matter how much money you have, everyone still needs human connections to keep them grounded with reality.

So after all that wining and dining, did you bang?

This book tainted me into thinking everyone of them is
original_400_600.jpg

drugs, suicide, mental health (addiction, depression, anxiety, anger what ever you want to say) these things dont discriminate who they target and will get anyone.

You find more extreme habits and behavior at the extreme ends of the socioeconomic spectrum in my experience.

The boring, beige fools on the middle are the safest to be around, if that's what you want.

Growing up rich isnt as easy at least mentally as folks think. As a average sherdogger I make 100k a week while standing 6 '5 weighing g 265 of solid muscle........ nailing la dimes daily....... it's a lot to live up to for a kid

This Rich guy sounds like a real jerk.

Everyone has a drug problem bro, even your mom.

Back