How common is it for the Rich's children to have drug issues/suicide

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My girlfriend comes from an incredibly wealthy family, Mine middle class. Upon interacting with her parent's friends, I've encountered an overwhelming amount of wealthy parents with children who either have serious drug habits, have overdosed & died, or have committed suicide.

No exaggerating: 3 died from overdose, and 2 suicides, just in this 1 social circle.

Anyone else witness similar situations amongst the wealthy upper class in your areas?

Don't forget they get molested too,

Kinda comes with the drug problems...

It's probably a bigger chance that they are entitled little whiny bitches who can't cope with difficulties once they gets confronted

I’m pretty sure serious drug use is way higher the lower you go on the socio-economic ladder. Of course there are other factors, from case to case.

The richer you are, the less expensive drugs seem to be.

For example, poor people pay $5 a pack of cigarettes. But if you make ten times more than a poor person, its like the same pack of cigarettes is $0.50.

Expectations are quite stressful.

Also as an example my buddy is screwed from always chasing his absent through work fathers affirmation. He usually only got it by being exceptional and whilst he became a kickboxing world champ, it was never ever enough.

For the Rich Mental Illness isn’t something money and privilege can buy them a way out of.

Tis true. 1/2 my friends in highschool were from the local private catholic highschool. They were all massive coke heads.

Had a rich friend , his dad bought him a UPS store franchise to run. He ended up spending his net profit a month on hookers and blow. He ended up in Costa Rica loving in a shack surfing everyday lol. He still probably does mad drugs.

Boredom and not enough struggle are a m*therfucker...

All "rich" peoples that I know do Coke....
So yeah.

Rich kids are usually pussies and stupid idiots...

Suicide runs in families, regardless of economic standing. Ask Mark Madoff...oh wait.

Tis true. 1/2 my friends in highschool were from the local private catholic highschool. They were all massive coke heads.

Back in the 1960s, the Catholic school students seemed to have money to buy drugs and the girls were more likely to have sex. Maybe they were rebelling like preacher's daughters.

depends on the drug..

Cocaine is higher in wealthy people, alcohol abuse is higher in poor people.

Wealthy people are more likely to get help for their addiction and less likely to commit crimes to feed their addiction so overall the affect of drug use on them is far less damaging.

I think a lot of times it's because the parents are never around. In the city I used to live in there were always people hiring nannies and caretakers to get their kids ready for school in the morning or pick them up from school and etc. It was sad.

Kids don't give a shit about money, they want attention and fun.

Back