• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How come moon travel is still not possible ?

MoonRock OG Dust weed

You know its coming eventually
B2c.gif

we're poor and dumb.
the age of great things is over.
all you have to look forward to now is the next apple phone and cashiers yelling at you about their pronouns.

It is possible. There's just no return on investment (if someone wants to spend a trillion dollars going to the moon, they will need a pretty damn good reason). Last time it was to pwn the Russians.

Challenger disaster really slowed NASA down.

If they would have just waited a couple more days when the temperature was warmer, it would have been a successful mission.

Who knows how advanced would be today if things weren't put on hold for a few years.

Probably best to not fuck around on the moon. If by mistake they do something to throw it off its orbit, it would cause devastating shit to happen to the earth. Before anyone says landing on it wont cause anything, sure probably not, but im talking about building shit on it, mining ..ect...ect
The moon hasn’t done shit for us hardworking Americans lately.

First and last human moon expedition happened in 1969. Today is 2022.
Ok I see now Apollo 17 should be the last one. So in December this year, it will be 50y anniversary.
Strange how nothing happened since then.

Its an empty rock and it takes alot of money to go to moon. So its not worth it, only recently has their been plans to go back because they want to make a moonbase their that will be used as a quick pitstop before the long Mars trip.

Also their is viable ways now to mine the moon apparently. What could go wrong lol...

Thats the problem with you people, always the what have you done for me lately, not what can i do for you.

America doesn't provide for it's peoples basic needs. JFK's quote sells a lot better when people feel gratitude to their country and in the early 60s( if you were a white male) you probably did feel gratitude. Now your average person who doesn't have stockholm syndrome feels at least resentment. And that's rational why would you want to help a govt that's brought you nothing but pain?

Markey beat that new Kennedy in Massachusetts by mocking the JFK quote which tells you all you need to know.

That being said I recall the US choosing to leave the Moon in the 70s because they were interested in one upping the Soviets not setting up any infrastructure or anything. No one forced them to make that decision.

Why do you think that?

Well, I can't be 100% certain either way. Neither can you for that matter. I mean, when was the last time anyone stepped foot on the moon....50 years ago? Not trying to get into some conspiracy theory post but theres a lot of things I just take with a grain of salt. When you grow up being lied to since birth, by virtually everyone, even your parents, regardless of how tiny the lie, you adopt a seeing is believing mentality.

We are constantly lied to by everyone on every level. Usually the higher up you go the bigger the lies. Your parents for example start the trend by lying to you about shit like the Easter Bunny, Santa, Tooth Fairy, etc. Fast forward to adulthood and you are now dealing with politicians who pretty much build their careers on lies.

We live on a planet that is built on a foundation of lies and altered information. How do I just 100% give in to the notion that men walked around on the moon?

I still believe that it is certainly a possibility much like theres a definite possibility that ETs exist, but I havent seen it myself so I cant put 100% faith in it.

<Neil01>

It costs a lot of money for little return on investment.

It can be done but for what really that probes can't do

Back