How come Mir vs Schaub hasn't happened yet?

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
That's worthy of a slot on a UFC on Fox main card. 2 big, handsome burly men going at it on national TV, what's not to like?

Joe Silva seems to hate Mir.
He only gives him fights that Mir can't win.
So I doubt that Schaub is on that list.

Maybe they don't want Mir to lose what little confidence he has left in his ability to control dangerous grappling situations.

I would like Schuab - Barnett and Mitrione - Mir

Mir only accepts fights he thinks are worthy of him. That's why he gets bouts he seemingly cannot win.

Cormier, Barnett, Overeem and JDS.
Give him Schaub or Struve or someone that is beatable for Mir.
Remedy a four-year skid by feeding him a lesser or unranked opponent just to keep him around? Why? So we can watch him lose another 3 in a row before Dana starts hinting at taking him behind the barn and shooting him? Frank "I'm Just Here for the Paycheck" Mir doesn't realize his best days are behind him. Seeing him destroy his legacy with each fight is embarrassing.

Ideally Mir needs to be fighting the Derrick Lewis's and Shawn Jordan's of the division. At this point I guess it would be weird if Mir wasn't fighting a well known opponent. He's got some ins.

I really wish they would give him a desk job or do commentary. We know he's a well versed and analytically speaker. I really enjoyed his work in the WEC.

Back